Chunky beef casserole

ditchman

41 minutes ago, Duckandswing said:

Sweet baby Jesus that looks sumptuous 

thank you...made enough for 2 days ...tomorrow i will force myself to eat it again with lashings of fine chopped and steamed sweetheart cabbage.......

just put some fresh picked herbs in it...red wine ...brown sugar...and a bit of tomatoe purree and vedge.and a vedge stock cube

sometimes things are best left simple :good: 

47 minutes ago, ditchman said:

thank you...made enough for 2 days ...tomorrow i will force myself to eat it again with lashings of fine chopped and steamed sweetheart cabbage.......

just put some fresh picked herbs in it...red wine ...brown sugar...and a bit of tomatoe purree and vedge.and a vedge stock cube

sometimes things are best left simple :good: 

I’m popping around for tea

4 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Looks sublime, I slow cooker mine and do roast potatoes on the side and huge Yorkshires to dip, couple of Shallots adds even more flavour.

yup slow cooked mine with fatspring onions in it.......so not that different from yours...then just thickened it up with a bit of cornflower and water

39 minutes ago, stockybasher said:

Are you cooking for HM again  :) 

he couldnt get here in time ...his helicopter is knackered

58 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

Looks fantastic, i would have a nice bit of crusty loaf with some welsh salted butter to go with it.

cant do crusty ....crisps or anything sharp now as it cuts my gums....(no teef you see)............thank you govt/nhs/useless politicians/liars/cheats/theives

11 hours ago, ditchman said:

cant do crusty ....crisps or anything sharp now as it cuts my gums....(no teef you see)............thank you govt/nhs/useless politicians/liars/cheats/theives

Think I still have my dads old dentures somewhere, if your interested let me know?

57 minutes ago, Gameking said:

I'll raise you two boiled potatoes 😛

thumbnail_IMG_20231208_193022_resized_20240329_095332352 Beef Stew.jpg

looks rich and tasty....

1 hour ago, JKD said:

Have you tried ox cheek ? Cheap, tasty and when cooked properly [2-3 hours] doesn't need any chewing 👍

flank makes great casserole as well...i do all my chunky casseroles in the slow cooker for 3 hours..and i use baby pots / salad pots as you cancook the hell out of them and they dont disintergrate,,

14 hours ago, old'un said:

Think I still have my dads old dentures somewhere, if your interested let me know?

are they the "electric smily model " ?

PS......strange question .....why did you keep your dads dentures ?

7 hours ago, ditchman said:

I suppose they might fit in a dental emergency, Dentists are so hard to get hold of these days.   :cool1:

8 hours ago, ditchman said:

Out of luck mate, just spoke to the wife and she give them to the local charity shop, shame as he had only had them six months before he died, virtually brand new, one owner.:)

How I wish there was a tongue in cheek emoji...:whistling:

2 hours ago, old'un said:

Out of luck mate, just spoke to the wife and she give them to the local charity shop, shame as he had only had them six months before he died, virtually brand new, one owner.

How I wish there was a tongue in cheek emoji...

is there "a pair of dentures" ..emoji ?

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

is there "a pair of dentures" ..emoji ?

Get yourself up to The Barra's there's a stall there sells false teeth and you can try before you buy , they reckon you can buy anything at the Barra's