Donald Trump.

JKD

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned on here yet 🙄 but Donald Trump has been found guilty to all offences.

Personally I couldn't care less, but I'm sure some on here might want to discuss this on a dedicated thread 🤭🙃🤠

Edited by JKD

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, JKD said:

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned on here yet 🙄 but Donald Trump has been found guilty to all offences.

Personally I couldn't care less, but I'm sure some on here might want to discuss this on a dedicated thread 🤭🙃🤠

i was gonna post an hour since,but it's the worst kept secret EVER.

he was gonna get found guilty before he set foot in court as the DA and judge both have it in for him AND he's appearing in what is probably the most Democratic,Trump hating area in the US.

i also believe that if it wasn't in NY the charges he's been "trumped up on" wouldn't be felonies.

I'll still bet,come November, he'll still batter sleepy Joe 👍

That he was guilty - no doubt, everyone knew that before the case even started.

But in America strange things happen with regards to the law. You have to look no further than the OJ Simpson trial.

Jury members names will be out in the public domain and they are vulnerable to threats or reprisals from Trump supporters. 

I'm glad he's been found guilty. He's made a career out of exploiting the legal system for his own twisted ends

17 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I'm glad he's been found guilty. He's made a career out of exploiting the legal system for his own twisted ends

do you want to add some examples to your last statement?

just for clarity and justification you understand 👍

On 31/05/2024 at 08:14, ditchman said:

i will lay good money that this has increased his approval rating..........

6 points apparently, as the US sees its judiciary used to try and hobble a political opponent.
Tens of millions in donations flowing in.

"The Trump case. An American friend has pointed out the following facts: "This case was textbook corrupt. All Federal prosecutors looked at the case and chose not to pursue. The State of NY decided to pursue and upgrade a misdemeanor charge to a felony by linking it to another crime and then never named the actual crime. The statute of limitations had run out, and the Appellate Court told the judge that he couldn't use that material, which was about 75% of the case, but the judge ignored the instructions of the Appellate and went ahead with the case rather than dismissing. The judge refused to allow the FEC to testify on why they didn't pursue the case. The judge then instructed the jury that they didn't need a unanimous decision and that they didn't even need solid evidence, only a belief that a crime had been committed. All un-Constitutional and will be overturned on appeal. But it does prove that the judicial system is compromised and no longer following the Constitution."

55 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

6 points apparently, as the US sees its judiciary used to try and hobble a political opponent.

"The Trump case. An American friend has pointed out the following facts: "This case was textbook corrupt. All Federal prosecutors looked at the case and chose not to pursue. The State of NY decided to pursue and upgrade a misdemeanor charge to a felony by linking it to another crime and then never named the actual crime. The statute of limitations had run out, and the Appellate Court told the judge that he couldn't use that material, which was about 75% of the case, but the judge ignored the instructions of the Appellate and went ahead with the case rather than dismissing. The judge refused to allow the FEC to testify on why they didn't pursue the case. The judge then instructed the jury that they didn't need a unanimous decision and that they didn't even need solid evidence, only a belief that a crime had been committed. All un-Constitutional and will be overturned on appeal. But it does prove that the judicial system is compromised and no longer following the Constitution."

in the appeal process/procedure does it still get dealt with in NY?

if Trump gets this overturned,and i hope he does,i wouldn't like to be in sleepy Joe's,the Clintons or Barracks shoes when he gets elected and gets his gnashers into them😁 AND, apparently Harry can get ready regarding his drug use admission and what he said in his immigration documentation 😁

Edited by Zoli 12 guage

16 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

in the appeal process/procedure does it still get dealt with in NY?

Ive got to admit, Ive no idea.
There can be multiple levels of appeal before he does any sentence, but the even the most poorly educated US citizen can see that this conviction is wholly unsafe.
Its a spectacular own goal for the democrats.

7 minutes ago, Mr.C said:

Truley Mr Trump is a shining example to us all. He's like an American Boris. 

The devil you know...
Again, even the daftest American can see that the country was in a better state under Trump.

Unfortunately jail is off the cards / unlikely (meidas touch).  Fortunately it should be the end of his race. 4% of his base won't vote for a felon. He has already alienated enough women taking away their rights and there are plenty of Republicans that still want another candidate. 

I understand there is no appeal. His petition has been denied. 

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

I am sure i read several times that it had to be a unanimous verdict from all 12 jury members.Unless i read wrong 🤔

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

Unfortunately jail is off the cards / unlikely (meidas touch).  Fortunately it should be the end of his race. 4% of his base won't vote for a felon. He has already alienated enough women taking away their rights and there are plenty of Republicans that still want another candidate. 

he was never going to jail in a million years,he has a secret service protection detail,for life, that would have to go with him.

so if there's no appeal going to be allowed,this will be the first trial in US history with no appeals process just to reinforce the point that it's a Democratic witch hunt after him.

2 minutes ago, holloway said:

I am sure i read several times that it had to be a unanimous verdict from all 12 jury members.Unless i read wrong 🤔

apparently the judge told the jury that he wasn't going to enforce that so a majority would do.

1 minute ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

he was never going to jail in a million years,he has a secret service protection detail,for life, that would have to go with him.

so if there's no appeal going to be allowed,this will be the first trial in US history with no appeals process just to reinforce the point that it's a Democratic witch hunt after him.

He would need some grounds for an appeal. He has asked regarding location and this has been denied. He could appeal the sentence. 

It's simply the law. Millions have beeb through the process before him.  Arrangements have been made for him at Reikers Island with his protection detail. 

34 minutes ago, oowee said:

Completely untrue.

https://www.axios.com/2024/05/31/trump-appeal-guilty-verdict-arguments

The defence has until 13 th June to formulate an appeal, they can also wait for sentencing.
The problem for the democrats, is that many people have seen how unfair the trial process has been, very few will be swayed away from Trump, more will gravitate towards him as they see what he has predicted has come true.

The unconstitutional aspects of the trial could easily get the supreme court involved, which would move it out of NY.

26 minutes ago, oowee said:

He would need some grounds for an appeal

First grounds are , the completely meaningless witness testimony of Stormy D.
There was no context, and what she said was contradictory, watch the Channel 5 documentary on her, her only interest is digging herself out of financial ruin.
She owes Trump $630,000 dollars for failed defamation cases, she is an unreliable witness, as is Cohen who did a plea bargain.

You can hate on Trump all you like, but there are more holes in the conviction than a string vest, and the American people who havent got TDS can see it plain as day, this can only garner him more support.
Like I say, an own goal for the dems, they would actually have caused themselves LESS damage if he had been found not guilty !

11 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Completely untrue.

The defence has until 13 th June to formulate an appeal, they can also wait for sentencing.
The problem for the democrats, is that many people have seen how unfair the trial process has been, very few will be swayed away from Trump, more will gravitate towards him as they see what he has predicted has come true.

The unconstitutional aspects of the trial could easily get the supreme court involved, which would move it out of NY.

There was no context, and what she said was contradictory, watch the Channel 5 documentary on her, her only interest is digging herself out of financial ruin.
She owes Trump $630,000 dollars for failed defamation cases, she is an unreliable witness, as is Cohen who did a plea bargain.

You can hate on Trump all you like, but there are more holes in the conviction than a string vest, and the American people who havent got TDS can see it plain as day, this can only garner him more support.
Like I say, an own goal for the dems, they would actually have caused themselves LESS damage if he had been found not guilty !

I would have to disagree. Its clear cut case of fraud. A fraud that he has admitted. The appeal post sentence will likely (apparently) be around the bump up (to felony). I reckon he's toast. We will have to wait untill November. 

As a felon will Trump loose his vote? 

So he put down some money to pay someone off as ‘legal expenses’. 

How many builders, tradesmen, company owners etc, put one thing down as a business expense when it’s really not? 

Many shooters who have businesses having a pick up truck as a “company vehicle” when really they mostly got it for shooting etc. 

Bit of a joke.

All I can see it doing is boosting his support. 

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Completely untrue.

Not disagreeing but given all of those facts why did a 12 member jury unanimously find him guilty ? 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

would have to disagree. Its clear cut case of fraud. A fraud that he has admitted.

He wasn't charged with fraud, or admitted it.

2 hours ago, oowee said:

The appeal post sentence will likely (apparently) be around the bump up (to felony

He was charged with falsifying business records, a misdemeanor, which is strange , as he paid tax on it, so not exactly trying to hide it!

It was bumped to a low grade felony by the assumption it was to cover up 'other crimes' , crimes that were neither specified, nor needed to be proven !

Imagine being pulled for speeding, so you expect a ticket ? But without evidence, the police prosecute you on the basis that you might be on the way to Rob a bank, or kill someone, or something else unspecified ?

You're not going to get convicted right , there's no evidence you intended to do these crimes ? Well apparently they can in NY courts.

32 minutes ago, holloway said:

Not disagreeing but given all of those facts why did a 12 member jury unanimously find him guilty ? 

There could be a myriad of reasons, one of them might be they believed he was guilty of the unspecified crime, the judge instructed them they didn't need to prove beyond reasonable doubt ?

The more you look into this rabbit hole , the worse it sounds. This could cause some real friction over the pond.

The jury found him guilty of the crime he was being tried for which was fraud. (falsifying his business records ) , unanimously.. cant really see past that one myself but maybe its to simplistic and i missed something.