Farage

Penelope

21 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I took it and it said progressive activists, whoever they are. When I read up on them it didn't seem to fit my thoughts at all 🤔

Sounds like a badge of honour 🎖. I will give it a try. Do you have a link? I have dodgy inet and it would make it easier. 

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Interesting.

Perhaps it highlights that in the complex world of today trying to pigeon hole people into one category is flawed - given the overlap between the groups on key topics, the detailed report kind of hints at this too.

Of course it does serve the populist identity politics agenda very well though.

Thanks for sharing👍

Totally agreed. I think the left and right debate is mostly a distraction from getting actual issues solved.

10 minutes ago, oowee said:

Just done it on the bus. I am down as Progressive Actavist too 😁. 13 % of population. Reading the statement with it I can see the similarities 😁

Interesting 👍

33 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Totally agreed. I think the left and right debate is mostly a distraction from getting actual issues solved.

Interesting 👍

this is the problem i have with politics...........i aint got a clue what they are talking about...i like hearing the truth and give it me straight in a way i can understand....where i dont have to learn about gay rights...wokism....know 78 different genders.....the ECHR...

etc....

sometimes i think being thick is a blessing

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Interesting 👍

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

this is the problem i have with politics...........i aint got a clue what they are talking about...i like hearing the truth and give it me straight in a way i can understand....where i dont have to learn about gay rights...wokism....know 78 different genders.....the ECHR...

etc....

sometimes i think being thick is a blessing

Normally politics is pretty dull and unimpressive, kind of boring and uninspiring which tends to mean people with higher IQs don't get too engaged in the debates nor participate actively as Politicians themselves. Both these points are generalizations of course but there is some interesting literature on it.

The difference is that recently there are so many clowns involved in the political circus and some of their ideals are so out of whack, it becomes a more interesting topic for everyone in terms of the debate. Unfortunately this does not appear to actively translate to the politicians themselves (again, I'm generalizing).

Anyway, that's my view, which I hope doesn't enrage anyone.

3 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Well, I don't know how much credit to give it but I just did the britainschoice test online and it returned the verdict that I'm a backbone conservative. It takes about 3 minutes, why don't you do it, I'd be interested in the result?

Backbone conservative :lol:
Which Ill take , but I also hold some liberal views, but the questions didnt really cover the sort of thing, support for the royal family ect (Im not a fan)
I would like to see utilities nationalised (although I believe its impossible at the moment)
I dont consider myself a patriot, and British values, dont exactly figure in my day to day thinking.

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Perhaps it highlights that in the complex world of today trying to pigeon hole people into one category is flawed - given the overlap between the groups on key topics, the detailed report kind of hints at this too.

Exactly.
Ill go further, pigeon holing people is a way of causing division, a divided people are less of a threat to the status quo.

Regarding the never met point, we're not discussing a member of the public selected randomly to assess on the basis of a personal statement here. Also, if the never met point holds then only people who've met him would validly be able to claim he's not racist. But how many times or for how long would you have had to been in his person to valid conclude that? I'm not getting your line of reasoning / logic with that point.

Much like Trump, where it was only when he made a bid for POTUS , he magically became a racist homophobe, where no accusations of this type existed before ?
Farage has also been elevated to hitler like status once he became a political entity, where are all the people who knew him before telling us about his extreme views ? Besides the ones who have been manipulated into doing so.
In these days of cancel culture, the full range of slurs are available to make a political opponent less of a threat.
Racist, fascist, anti LGBT views, corruption, Putin/Russia sympathies.....
Throw enough mud, however untrue or unjustified, and some of it sticks, but eventually, when that person just powers through it all, you have to reach a conclusion that either... It isnt actually true, or the people simply dont care, or the electorate think along similar lines...
Remember Hilary ' Basket of deplorables' where if you voted Trump in 2016 , you automatically became a bad person, yet they still voted for him.?

This subtle manipulation via media has now come full circle, 'You can fool some of the people , some of the time..'

We have no way of really knowing, I hope you're right and I was wrong.

Exactly my point above, they will tell you they DO know, yet there he is , probably about to conclude his largest success to date ?

I agree on the consistency and general integrity point, but crikey, what a low baseline of comparison.

Agreed.

I was right about Boris though.

Agree again !
Boris has exposed himself, his credibility forever damaged, and when the Ukraine thing is eventually concluded, his 'contribution' will follow him for the rest of his life.

17 minutes ago, oowee said:

Now i wounder did channel 4 secretly film the tories or labour, just for balance.

I bet there are activists on all sides that are all shooting their mouths off about one thing or another, but it does show that farage and reform have the main parties worried.

3 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

Now i wounder did channel 4 secretly film the tories or labour, just for balance.

I bet there are activists on all sides that are all shooting their mouths off about one thing or another, but it does show that farage and reform have the main parties worried.

Beat me to it👍

Yellow bear - Starmer has said he has sorted the anti-semite poblem, so there are no Jewish hating people in the Labour Party any more. Must dash, the Flying Pig Squadron is circling my house.

There are unhinged idiots in all the parties - Farage just has his share. As has been pointed out all the parties are rattled by Farage. Why don't they just let voters decide for themselves? 🙂

13 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I haven't read that he has, but I would guess their feet won't touch the ground. If he doesn't, he's lost my vote.

I am sure they will be out but the company structure does not help with this stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

He will do more than Smarmer has done with his antisemites!

Corbyn was suspended and barred from standing as an MP. Starmer has made huge strides in that direction with party support. 

Sunak is impotent only because his party is so divided. 

Watch till the end.  Farage's statement appears on the screen saying "they are no longer part of the campaign.

50 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

Will they 'eck as like.

56 minutes ago, oowee said:

I am sure they will be out but the company structure does not help with this stuff. 

I genuinely don't believe Farage or Reform are racist at all, infact they know that if any of that were tolerated in the party, it would be the end of them and rightly so. Like I said in another post, being the only mainstream party with an agenda to genuinely tackle illegal immigration, will obviously attract an element of racists and undesirables, as they will, crawl from under their rocks and latch on to the closest winning side they can, I mean right wing extremists are hardly going to join the greens for instance. But that's no different to Labour and it's issues with anti sematisum and while still concerning is in my mind not as bad as Corbyn, the at the time party leader, rubbing shoulders with known extremists and terrorists

Edited by 12gauge82

11 hours ago, welsh1 said:

I could post up the YouTube links showing all the Labour loonies in full flow, from their most recent conferance, again, if you wish.

29 minutes ago, Penelope said:

I could post up the YouTube links showing all the Labour loonies in full flow, from their most recent conferance, again, if you wish.

Yes it's quite an eye opener when you see them all on youtube .

49 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Yes it's quite an eye opener when you see them all on youtube .

More like a sphincter opener, 'cause if half of what they want gets acted upon when Labour get in power.............

17 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Watch till the end.  Farage's statement appears on the screen saying "they are no longer part of the campaign.

Will they 'eck as like.

And it's now coming out that the mild spoken Andrew Parker is an actor who undertakes secret filming and was not using his normal voice but his 'cockney' acting voice in the recording............. sounds like a good old fasion false flag stich up to me and many others......

14 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

And it's now coming out that the mild spoken Andrew Parker is an actor who undertakes secret filming and was not using his normal voice but his 'cockney' acting voice in the recording............. sounds like a good old fasion false flag stich up to me and many others......

Its not beyond the realms of possibility for a political adversary to 'plant' a low level figure within their rivals ranks to cause embarrassment.
Aside from the morality of it , its an excellent tactic.
Alls fair in love, war and politics ? But if so , who 'hired' him , labour , or the tories , both are scared of Reform ?