Positive Olympics thread 😆

JKD

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Didn't see it, but surely if it is that obvious an official complaint should be actioned.

Not you as well 😉

It makes no sense that there are rules in place for other comps that don't apply at the Olympics,  there was a GB sprinter disqualified for a false start, in other comps he'd be allowed to run under protest but not at the Olympics.

You would imagine there will be a complaint and hopefully the pair are awarded Gold?

24 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

She must be gutted,that last target was most certainly hit by her and shows the professionalism of her conduct to remain in control when she must have been in bits.

Surely she should have challenged it at the time?

10 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Surely she should have challenged it at the time?

She challenged the "miss" call immediately, which was turned down by both umpires [?] 🙄 The slow-mo re-play showed a spec of red dust, so not a miss 🤦‍♂️

9 minutes ago, JKD said:

She challenged the "miss" call immediately, which was turned down by both umpires [?] 🙄 The slow-mo re-play showed a spec of red dust, so not a miss 🤦‍♂️

Okay then surely Team GB should have put in a challenge?

Just now, 100milesaway said:

She must be gutted,that last target was most certainly hit by her and shows the professionalism of her conduct to remain in control when she must have been in bits.

From Auntie 

That is clay pigeon shooting I'm afraid. Clearly it was a hit, I saw the tv re-run

Why the referees didn't have the equivalent of VAR that could be used. That's the real question. 

We have often picked up clays with a single pellet hole and heard a clay hit but not break. It's not a precise sport.

27 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

🤷‍♂️ She accepted the decision and moved on. Perhaps 'them's the rules' 🙄 It didn't seem fair, but the winner had the same a bit earlier.

30 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It was a definite hit - confirmed by the replay.

Seriously impressed by her attitude to a wrong decision but, surely, Team GB have to protest?

Awful decision. It can clearly be seen. A good back edge rim comes away and you can see the black of the body that has then been exposed as the bird carries on rotating. This is visible even at normal speed on the BBC clip of the final. And as the other finalist was then next up to shoot the pressure had Amber been scored two would have been possibly enough to have caused her to miss? We'll never know. Here's a freeze from the BBC clip.

AR.jpg

WHAT a finish in the team triathlon this morning! It was a three-way fight for the gold between Germany, GB and USA. Germany got gold by less than a second, Beth Potter managed to just lean forward to pinch silver in a photo finish! Brilliant stuff from all four GB athletes 

Heavy favourites France got caught in a massive crash on the bike that left a French rider's bike actually bent, so he had to wait for a spare to be found, but they turned being a minute behind the main pack (and miles behind the main three) to fourth place, so that was impressive for the home crowd. 

Another dramatic start to the day in Paris

EDIT: We've been downgraded! Now we're bronze. I have to say when I saw the finish I though the USA were ahead! Still a great performance

Edited by chrisjpainter

21 hours ago, JKD said:

Mens Cycling,,,, a big hats off to Remco Evenepoel for winning the road race, earning him his 2nd Gold of these Olympics 👏👏👏 Already the Time Trial winner, he got his tactics spot on once again ! 

A Tour win in the future?

24 minutes ago, JKD said:

I hope so 🙂 The TDF needs constant change at the top to keep things interesting 👍

Even having a fresh challenge makes things interesting,  but the Tour is a whole different event. 

3 minutes ago, Penelope said:

I think Pogacar will be there for some time yet, though.

And he wasn't at the Olympics after his Girlfriend wasn't given a place, despite being the best in her country?

5 hours ago, Mice! said:

Even having a fresh challenge makes things interesting,  but the Tour is a whole different event. 

Yes indeed 👍  Track cycling has started 😁😁😁

4 hours ago, Penelope said:

I think Pogacar will be there for some time yet, though.

I think you might be right 😉😆 He sure is a class act 👍

21 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

GOOOOOOLD and a new world record! Women's team sprint and a dominant performance with world records in all three rounds!

WHOOP WHOOP !!! 👏🥇🥳😁

44 minutes ago, JKD said:

WHOOP WHOOP !!! 👏🥇🥳😁

Now watching the ladies 5000m final JKD , the whole games have been well worth watching and what I have seen I have enjoyed , when it's all over we will have to catch up on the soaps to see who have died , or got married , or even both :drinks: