Winter fuel allowance gone 🤔

harrycatcat1

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, clangerman said:

important thing is the rich and greedy should not suffer perish the thought they might have to go without! lol 

And you think the tax changes will effect them... It will be the likes of you and I who will be hit hardest by the changes .. 

3 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

And you think the tax changes will effect them... It will be the likes of you and I who will be hit hardest by the changes .. 

think my failed attempt at humour was pointing out it will be us suffering as per usual 

10 hours ago, clangerman said:

important thing is the rich and greedy should not suffer perish the thought they might have to go without! lol 

I have asked before with no real answer so will repeat  -   "What constitutes rich??"

I think any government would have ended the winter fuel payment very soon,surprised it ever started really. Was like working tax credits given to some people with hundreds of thousands in savings and investments it had to stop eventually.

16 minutes ago, Penelope said:

Quantify 'unecessary wealth'?

prob the amount some need not to feel inadequate or insecure luckily I’m usually broke! lol 

2 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Anyone who has more money than Clangerman by the look of it

any chance of lending me a tenner? lol 

14 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

According to one paper, Labour were promising as recently as the election campaign that the WFP was 'safe' with them;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13690055/Labour-coming-Britains-old-folk-Worse-likely-follow-NEIL-CLARK.html

I'm afraid pensioners are in for further 'defunding' to pay for the greedy union driven wage demands, which will prevail because the Labour party (and in fact many MPs separately) is in effect bribed - sorry 'funded' by the unions.

Every politician has a master, there is no power in independence, no money or backing.  Independents don't seem to thrive and last?

1 minute ago, Penelope said:

Quantify 'unecessary wealth'?

It would be useful for the people if someone would 

perhaps then they could means test MPs to see if they need a expense account a limousine extra security free lunch  the list goes on and on 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My state pension of £221.20 a week is above the level to get pension credit by £3.05 a week (158.6 a year) to get Pension Credits.

I have resigned from The Labour Party after 40 years saving currently £68.50 annually to cover a  part of the WFA loss. 

I will not be rejoining the LP again.

19 minutes ago, PRV said:

My state pension of £221.20 a week is above the level to get pension credit by £3.05 a week (158.6 a year) to get Pension Credits.

I have resigned from The Labour Party after 40 years saving currently £68.50 annually to cover a  part of the WFA loss. 

I will not be rejoining the LP again.

The credit limit is of course deliberately set just above the pension to reduce claims. 

46 minutes ago, Rem260 said:

Apparently those pensioners living abroad under the Brexit deal get to keep their winter fuel payments.

Blimey, that's crazy, they go abroad for the warmer weather.   :w00t:

2 hours ago, Rem260 said:

Apparently those pensioners living abroad under the Brexit deal get to keep their winter fuel payments.

that's not a bad deal as they can just convert the payment into Rioja/Chianti (insert your tipple of choice)👍😎 while the pensioners in Newcastle/Manchester etc freeze their nads off😡

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Blimey, that's crazy, they go abroad for the warmer weather.   

1 hour ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

that's not a bad deal as they can just convert the payment into Rioja/Chianti (insert your tipple of choice)👍😎 while the pensioners in Newcastle/Manchester etc freeze their nads off😡

Yeah you couldn't make it up. Only this country would come up with something like it.