How did you get your username?

Teal

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was from a work/bank ID it was 6 letters of your surname or if not 6 long then add the first of your given name to make the 6, the guy creating the ID saw a D as an 0 so I became WAROST, it just is an amusing reminder of a former life.

Guest cookoff013

Because folk treat me like a dog and often feel under trodden.

Sometimes she is not here though!

I thought it was you on the telly advertising the national accident helpline.

• 1 month later...

my springer comes and jumps up placing his front paws on my seat ,this means he wants his eyes cleaned ,so I get a tissue and clean the corners plus dab his nose ,he then goes back down and runs about like a maddie,and when I say dab to him he knows what it is,,,,,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A sad story about two weeks of ownership of a beautiful 1959 Chevrolet Impala convertble, red with a white soft-top. Bought with my heart not eyes or head, I was having a day deep cleaning prior to advertised "light restoration" Perfect sunny day, both doors were open for a couple of hours with me and kids clambering in and out when an ominous sound accompanied the sinking of the middle of the car. It virtually broke in half. I had to get two trolley jacks under the middle with scaffold boards to enable the doors to close. I called in a trusted local garage/MOT tester who showed me where I should have looked prior to parting with £8000 (this was 12 years ago) and he declared it a basket case. Apparently it also had the wrong engine and so much filler that it would probably never pass an MOT again, whatever repairs were made to it. I managed to get just under £5000 for it as scrap/parts/project car and it went to Belgium. It remains my favourite ever car and when my ship comes in will be first item on shopping list. Even basket cases now are fetching silly money! Decent ones in the £40-80,000 mark.

• 4 weeks later...