If you was the Prime Minster What would you do.

dustyfox

What would be the top 3 things you would do if you was the prime minster?

Mine would be

1) Put all MPs on performance pay they will get a basic salery of £35000 each, everything that they do correctly they get a £1000. Take away second homes instead I will build a Hotel for MP's to stay in when they visit London. This way they dont run the country for money but for the people they work for.

2) I will listen to the my own countries people instead of listening to the interests of America.

3) I will reduce tax's such as fuel tax and make the fuel companies who make billions of £ worth of profit to make better technology to make our cars even more efficient. Instead of making people who are struggling to get to work by car struggle even more.

I have got alot more ideas but these are my top 3. your only allowed to put 3 policies down.

Df

3) I will reduce tax's such as fuel tax and make the fuel companies who make billions of £ worth of profit to make better technology to make our cars even more efficient. Instead of making people who are struggling to get to work by car struggle even more.

But surely oil companies would have no reason to develop cleaner cars as that would result in them selling less oil?

FM :good:

But surely oil companies would have no reason to develop cleaner cars as that would result in them selling less oil?

FM :good:

But oil stocks not gonna last forever if we can make cars use less it will last longer so they gonna win in the long run even if they do sell less. They are just thinking about money they not thinking of the future.

Df

Sorry DF you are acting like a tipical MP......way of the mark

point 1 £35000 is to much, they invented the minimum wage........so give them it.

point 2 you forgot to mention their holidays, either give them 4 weeks a year or give every worker in the UK 17 weeks.

Isnt it a holiday all year round for MP's at the moment?:good:

Df

I would build more prisons.

Get rid of PCSO's and recruit more police to put people in prison.

Reform the criminal justice system so anyone who is charged with an offence will appear before a 24 hour court and then they can be sent to prison.

Start a 3 strikes and your out rule. Third offence the maxium penalty will be imposed.

This will create more jobs, lock up villians and make the general public feel safer.

I would also listen to what the public want and not what I want. On big decisions everyone could have a vote.

I would do lots of other things but those would be first!

Harry

Edited by Dirty Harry

1. I would close our borders to All imigration untill we sorted out the millions of illegals in the country,cease all benifit payments of every kind to foreigners living in this country unless they had payed national insurance for at least five years.Tell the rest that food and shelter will be given at the new detention centres which would have been built and they are to report there,where they will stay untill their case is decided.After a 6 month period of these centres opening anybody caught outside of the centres will be deported to their homeland regardless of their case.

2. Have a major shakeup of the criminal justice system,build more prisons,have REAL sentencing where police and judges hands are not tied by beurocratic ******** on what they can and cant do.

3. Get rid of the plague of britain..."POLITICAL CORRECTNESS" and "HEALTH AND SAFETY GONE MAD"(my kids sack race at school was recently cancelled because of this)It is destroying britain and makes us the laughing stock world wide.

1. I would close our borders to All imigration untill we sorted out the millions of illegals in the country,cease all benifit payments of every kind to foreigners living in this country unless they had payed national insurance for at least five years.Tell the rest that food and shelter will be given at the new detention centres which would have been built and they are to report there,where they will stay untill their case is decided.After a 6 month period of these centres opening anybody caught outside of the centres will be deported to their homeland regardless of their case.

2. Have a major shakeup of the criminal justice system,build more prisons,have REAL sentencing where police and judges hands are not tied by beurocratic ******** on what they can and cant do.

3. Get rid of the plague of britain..."POLITICAL CORRECTNESS" and "HEALTH AND SAFETY GONE MAD"(my kids sack race at school was recently cancelled because of this)It is destroying britain and makes us the laughing stock world wide.

At last someone with a vision,

BB for PM,

BJ.

1. anyone who wants benefits must demonstrate having first "put into" the system before taking out. Also, weekly drug testing - if you drink, smoke or take drugs whilst on benefits then they stop.

2. sort out immigration and speed up the deportation process. If you come to this country and commit a serious offence in the first year you go home, no ifs or buts. Mandatory English test and contract with the Crown. Clean record, good skill set, speak English, like to graft then fair play. No draw on benefits or NHS until you meet (1) above

3. Curfew for people 15 years or younger Monday to Thursday - if seen out past 10 p.m., 3 strikes and you can have 1 week in solitary.

4. Crimes of violence get double the sentances currently imposed and mandatory prison. End of.

5. Government accountable on a results basis (in line with DF's idea). E.g. If the government can't get the NHS and local authorities to balance their books then they don't get a full draw on their salary or if the government of the day sell all the gold reserves and gold then rockets in value, they can go skint with the nation.

6. Legalise all drugs to the over 18s and tax the **** out of it.

1. I would personally take over law and order in this country .

2. Iwould personally take charge of building enough prisons to take care of the extra intake of scum that my new law and order policys would generate .

3 . I would personally appoint 20 public executioners who i guarentee would be kept busy . Harnser .

Mine would be

1) Put all MPs on performance pay they will get a basic salery of £35000 each, everything that they do correctly they get a £1000. Take away second homes instead I will build a Hotel for MP's to stay in when they visit London. This way they dont run the country for money but for the people they work for.

2) I will listen to the my own countries people instead of listening to the interests of America.

I have got alot more ideas but these are my top 3. your only allowed to put 3 policies down.

Df

excellent thread df makes alot of sense :rolleyes: ps i take it you got your pc sorted?

tb

Mine would be

Df

excellent thread df makes alot of sense :rolleyes: ps i take it you got your pc sorted?

tb

Yeah I did Norton should get an award for being the most annoying programme in the world.

I know I said 3 but if you want to add more do but put the one's you most likely to do in the first 3.

Df

Flat rate tax (about 20-25% seems right) for personal earnings. If you earn a lot, you get taxed a lot. If you don't earn a lot, you don't get taxed a lot.

"lottery" selection of MPs from their wards by random selection of the electoral roll. No careeer politicians need apply; if anyone is eligible to vote/do jury service, they can be an MP for four years. Their salary would be the equivalent of their current pay, plus expenses.

Immediate re-think of UK defense spending. Too much of it does not benefit the troops on the ground in the slightest.

Firearms legislation does hinder us law abiding folk but it isnt necessarily bad. Theres not much point owning a big calibre rifle just for the sake of it.

If you have large game to shoot and want a big rifle your FEO will normally be more than happy.

Most of us here have been granted SGC/FAC and therefore dont have a problem. I would be worried if you could just stroll into a shop with nothing more than a drivers licence and walk out with a automatic weapon.

Although limitihng shotguns to 2+1 would be out, shotguns a shotguns! lol. Some things would change, but I think the background checks are a good idea!

1. I would cut us loose of the European Union, to give us back the ability to control our own laws and country. To enforce the law without bowing down to the whims of human rights and so on. To allow us to return to a society built on common sense, not political correctness. To stop the fraudsters suing because they burnt themselves on a cup of coffee that didn't have a warning contents hot label.

2. Tighten Immigration to the nth degree, to prevent the dilution of 'Britain' a once great nation. Stopping millions of foreigners claiming our benefits and using our Health Service. Reducing the burden on them and allowing us to maintain them properly for the people.

3. Scrap the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) and put the 'P' back in punishment. Criminals have it way to easy, all they need is 4 walls, a roof, hard labour and bread and water (so to speak). Not pool tables, TV's and an easy life. Life should mean life and those that take life should have their life taken.