Shotgun Licence application.

nickb

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i posted my application on 3/10 to staffs police.

i have the interview tomorrow 4/12.

not bad at all only 8 weeks so far.

Not too good really. I put my letter in the post box on the 24th November, the FAO came around last night and reckons the SGC will be in my hands by next Friday. If he's right, that's less than 2 weeks if you allow postage time to them. West Midlands Police BTW.

But.............. although I don't doubt him, until it's in my hand I shall reserve judgement. But they've been quick and very helpful so far :rolleyes:

Well we shall see if my SGC actually turns up next Friday. But as I said, IF it does then it's a two week turnaround. In fact I dated the application 24/11 but it was not posted until the 25th.

Anyway, I have a deposit on a nice Browning Ultra XS and my cabinet will get all "chemically anchored" tomorrow. So it's fingers crossed for a trip to buy the gun next Saturday. Wooooooooooooooo bloody Hooooooooooo :good:

2 weeks from start to finsh for my shotgun cert a few years back. And 3 weeks for my Fac, would have had it with in 2 weeks but their Fao was on hols so she couldn't give the go ahead for me to have it, till she came back. Plus there was a little postal strike a few months ago. Gwent Police used to be super slow on applications, But these days are in full flow getting them sorted which is good for all concerned. Pity all couldn't recive the same kick up the jacksy they must have had. :good::good::hmm:

• 1 month later...
:welcomeani: I sent my app off 11th Nov 2009, inspection was less than 1 week later. However, due to my disability, I had to agree to a medical report. A further £25 and 2 weeks later, police confirmed that the app was just awaiting final approval - since then Nada! I know all about the snow etc, but apparently it is sitting on the desk just requiring reading and stamping, when I read here of 14 day turnarounds, it is a bit frustrating to say the least! It wouldn't be so bad if someone would tell me if the medical report was OK as the FEO said he was completely satisfied as long as the medical was OK. :oops:

This can vary from month to month, and year to year. there was a recent article in the BASC magazine about the changes in licencing laws, ie when the certs used to run for 3 yrs, then were changed to 5 yrs.

back to the plot.. my sgc took 2 weeks from application recieved to cert on my door step, my fac took a litttle longer, about 4 weeks.

my variation took nearly 2 months due to a massive surge in applications and variations, and i've just had my restrictions lifted which took 1 week from the date of the phone call. this was norfolk constabulary.good job you lot <_<

• 3 weeks later...