D&J cartridges?

Nial

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the only way to get the **** out of my barrels was to shoot it out with another make of shell! I've never bought a second slab!

I'm away to the clay ground now to do just that.

It might be that this is the first time I had a good look at the rubbish down the barrels as I was shooting

but I've got a few boxes left and I'll not be using them today.

I'll report back how I get on.

Nial.

• 2 weeks later...

Against my better judgement, I bought some D and J plastic wad shells yesterday. MCAvoys had run out of Eleys. Also bought some Hull Comp X from Cheshire Gun Room. I have to say that the D and J were cleaner (Can't believe I just said that) and gave better kills.

I still wouldn't touch their felt wad. A mate who used some of my Hull Comp X had three jams in his Beretta Teknys Gold auto in the first 50.

Edited by Gordon R

The first time I read on here about how filthy dirty D & J's are, I thought they must be mixing them up with something else. I just think this is the product of an over-vivid imagination. Most cheaper cartridges and some expensive ones are a bit mucky, D & J's are no muckier. Some cartridges, usually but not always the more expensive ones are very clean. Whatever muck D & J's leave behind can be swiped out with a boresnake in seconds - big deal. Nowt wrong with them, except that they're not cheap any more and for that money, you can buy a better cartridge.

Never had a misfire once and I've used many faaaarsends of 'em :lol:

I did an experiment at Horne this week and took 100 D&J plastic 7.5's with me. I had one misfire and one where the gun tried to eject the spent cartridge but ripped off the brass head leaving the rest of it still in the barrel. Obviously another cart couldnt be cycled, thankfully :yes:

I'll use the rest of the 250 I bought but I wont buy any more ....

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Aha I got 1000 of these last week since they were the cheapest. I guess you get what you pay for. I was wondering why the barrels were so dirty after I shot 50 through the gun, but I did manage to clean the insides and get debris removed. It felt like cleaning a chimney and I thought all shotgun cartridges were this dirty. :lol:

i bought 250 D&J for pigeons over coys cos the shop had sold out of the other better priced 1oz #6&7 shells, they were ok for decoying to about 35yds but when i took them roost shooting they were pants, so shelled out a bit more and got some express super comp and RC comp game in 1oz #6, absolutely deadly over coys but only had a couple of shots roosting so cant comment yet, on the whole D&J I reckon are cheap and nasty ****

mikee

Apparently they were designed by a blind, incompetent 16 year old who was on work experience at Lyalvale.

Did you also know that the propellant is bulked out with old sofa stuffing and shredded newspaper, or that the "fibre wads" are actually segments of out-of-date frankfurter?

If you look into your barrels after firing, you can sometimes see the words "I wish my wife was this dirty" scrawled in the muck, though nobody knows how it gets there.

All true!

ZB

Aha I got 1000 of these last week since they were the cheapest. I guess you get what you pay for. I was wondering why the barrels were so dirty after I shot 50 through the gun, but I did manage to clean the insides and get debris removed. It felt like cleaning a chimney and I thought all shotgun cartridges were this dirty. :welcomeani:

What did you pay, what G and where did you get them?

I keep hearing they are cheep, derty and C..p but I’ve never been able to find any so can’t make a judgement.