The best gig you ever did see

tosspot

As per the title, best gig?

Followed a local ska band a few years back "The Hot Knives" and at their peak they supported Bad Manners down the rank in Brighton

truly stonking night :drinks::drinks: took the then future Mrs TP and when she joined the thugs in the mosh pit the deal was sealed :drinks:

not necessarily the biggest bands in the world but the night buzzed

Never got to see "The Smiths" on a rare performance down south due to an unforeseen alcohol induced incident and should've dragged myself to Knebworth to catch the great Mr Mercury strutting his stuff

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oooooooooo

TP

Thats a though one ...

ENT and Naplam Death and throat :drinks:

Macc lads in me local

Motorhead

Motorhead when me mate fell asleep at the front

lunachicks when i managed to erm .... on stage ...... with the lead and the bassist ......

TP there's a long list of moments ...

Dropkick murphys , you get a good pound around .

Bad manners in a gaff near me and speakin with buster in the bar .

inxs at leeds then having a ... erm go in the ladys toilets . R lass took me to that one !

All the best things happen at gigs !

all the best yis yp :drinks:

Guns 'n' Roses, Milton Keynes Bowl in about 92 :drinks:

i was there.......sorry martin but i thought the blind melons were a pile of ****!!!! :drinks:

Best gig, 2 spring to mind:

therapy? at the blue ocean rooms, i got up on stage and sang Diane with the band, Andy the lead singer stood back after the first verse and gave me the mike!!!!! Bllooooodddddyyy awsome!!!

and the other was a kerrang special in the ilford barfly, again therapy? but in a basement with about only 50 other invited guests....bloody awsome...jerico was there too!!!! :drinks:

best gig, queen live at wembley 1986, 16 at the time, when freddie came running on the stage to one vision i got goose bumps so big i thought i was gonna burst, what a band, what a singer, what a preformer, know one could work a stage like that man, best band in the world ever by far, bent as a nine bob note but hells teeth could he sing, and like the great man said, who wants to live forever.

best gig i never saw, queen live in budapest, would of given anything to of been one of the 250,000 in atendance, who else could draw a croud like that,

lee

best gig, queen live at wembley 1986, 16 at the time, when freddie came running on the stage to one vision i got goose bumps so big i thought i was gonna burst, what a band, what a singer, what a preformer, know one could work a stage like that man, best band in the world ever by far, bent as a nine bob note but hells teeth could he sing, and like the great man said, who wants to live forever.

best gig i never saw, queen live in budapest, would of given anything to of been one of the 250,000 in atendance, who else could draw a croud like that,

lee

I went to Knebworth which was superb. Also unscheduled on the tour and also the last ever. Historic.

Status Quo were disappointing but they were knackererd (old?). Belouis Some were mediocre and Big Country were excellent

Until the helicopter circled the field.

helqthu.jpg

Queen were magnificent

Me and Red Vixen are down there somewhere. she's the one on my shoulders.

YP - Did you ever get down South with the shandy boys? - Our paths would have crossed a lot i think.

Dropkicks are great, but most of me faves are now dead, disbanded or beyond retirement. fAITH nO mORE, Acid Reign, Slayer, The Mighty Motorhead, Dumpys - I'll take Napalm Death and I'll raise ya - What about Lawnmower Deth - Cracking chuckle.

I do miss a mosh pit....

lee

Are you Al Murray?

Did see Gun's & Roses in Wembley '92 but i'd already got bored of of them by then, supporting were Faith No More and Soundgarden and they were excellent!

Seen lots of bands at V festivals and i reckon the best for me were Chemical Brothers. Don't do gigs as a rule as i tend to get bored!

EDIT: Did see a Zeppelin covers band in a local(ish) pub, they were pretty damn good and the whole night was bang on.

Edited by Markio

Did see Gun's & Roses in Wembley '92 but i'd already got bored of of them by then, supporting were Faith No More and Soundgarden and they were excellent!

I was there too Markio. Off my nut !

Went to see U2 at Croke Park Dublin the other year. Great atmosphere & great location.

YP - Did you ever get down South with the shandy boys? - Our paths would have crossed a lot i think.

Dropkicks are great, but most of me faves are now dead, disbanded or beyond retirement. fAITH nO mORE, Acid Reign, Slayer, The Mighty Motorhead, Dumpys - I'll take Napalm Death and I'll raise ya - What about Lawnmower Deth - Cracking chuckle.

I do miss a mosh pit....

if i remember, didnt they play that all time hit.. "oh crikey"?

U2 at Roundhay Park in 94, was ******* awesome :drinks:

i was here as well. Cast supporting. wasnt really into U2, but thought they had a fair crack at it.

another one for me was Rage Against the Machine at the Royal Court, liverpool in 93. with Tool and Wool.

david gilmour, lasttour -on an island bridgewater hall manchester.... album took some getting used to but the oldies he played, including echoes was just outstanding....

roger waters... latest tour, and the last 3 !! **** hot...

saw ray lamontagne in manc appolo..... just awsome...

but the best kick *** rocker ive seen yet is neil young....... kin 'A....

some great bands mentiond in this thread....some suprises too.....

Don't really do big concerts used to prefer raves when younger but a few that stick in my mind are:

Best gigs

The Prodigy - Exeter (awesome night)

Eminem - Milton Keynes Bowl - (few years back)

The streets - (did a fantastic gig in Brixton then saw them again in Manchester and were rubbish)

Wish I'd seen

Queen

AC/DC - back in the 80s

ELO