Sportsman Gun Centre

herbman

Bought a Lightforce 170 off them a few months ago and it turned up without a bulb in. Had to wait a good long while (few weeks) for a bulb from them, during which time I had to go and spend a tenner on a new 100w xenophot, spending the saving over normal shops.

Slightly annoyed about that.

I speak as I find. I have ordered quite a bit of stuff from their Exeter shop, and have not had any problems.

Also, myself and bulletboy have always had a good welcome when we go down there every 3 months or so.

Their shop in Newport (aka LITTS) is another thing. Totally **** service, I waited in the shop for 15 minutes before anyone asked if they could help. Another person, who wanted to purchase a rifle, got fed up of waiting to find out the price, and told them to 'shove it'

They are just like the old LITTS. Pig ignorant, and could'nt give a toss!

Edited by steve_b_wales

Hmmm..seems to be a pattern developing.

I have used them once for an order for a few items of clothing.

I was expecting 1-2 day delivery but had to wait over a week (when I phoned the person who deals with online orders wasn't in the office). This was a bit annoying but at least it wasn't several months like some above.

When it did arrive one of the items was wrong.

HW682

I was on holiday in devon last summer, and dragged the wife and kids up to exeter to have a looksee and I wanted a pair of stalking sticks and odds and ****.

While I was there a young lad was cleaning or inspecting a rifle on the large flat table they have and swept me with it, as I was paying for my kit.

If my kids had been with me in the shop I would have kicked off about it. I think the bolt was out, but I knew what I was looking at so didn't panic, but what if there was a stuck round in there? or my wife was there - she can't tell the difference. Not the best experience.

probably have some of the best prices on the market so ok to see what they are charging to get an idea on competition...BUT....

three times now i have ordered from them and asked if they had items in stock...yes the reply

part o the order arrived ..rest missing phoned up and started off polite...but was basically told tough shi*e !!! waiting on order from states looking at 6 weeks

i asked for the boss stating that id asked for definite stuff was in stock and that they are re-nowned for this!!!

personally if i could only get an item from them and them only then thats the ONLY reason i would use em......

their phone service ..guys ...oh ill phone you back...never do!!! and speak to you like they have summit better to do. and they dont want my money!!

bad bad service and i heard from plenty other say the same.

sauer

Edited by Sauer

I live near Exeter so I havent ordered anything online but I am very pleased with their service in the shop - always come over to me to say hi and ask what I want, apoligise if im left waiting. Bought boots, cartridges, camo gear, dvds etc and always willing to do a bit of a deal

Only ever bought from them once, a Meopta scope and they said they would order it for me as it was out of stock and I should ring up in a week. A week later I phoned and was told they couldn`t get that scope and would supply the next best for the same dosh :rolleyes: RESULT !!

They seem to be a mixed bag there though from the other posts.

Post like this always draw out those with bad experiences.

I have ordered camo jacket, camo trousers, shooting jacket and wellies from them over the last two years on 4 separate orders and the service has been A1. I ordered the wrong size jacket, called then sent it back with a covering letter and the correct jacket arrived within a week so credit where I see it due. I would order from them again without hesitation, their prices are unbeatable at times.

WGD

I buy all my kit from there as the other shops around here dont come close in terms of price and service!

An example of this was when i bought my .22 and .17 HMR, i priced up the cost for both including mods for with them then popped to the heavitree shop to price them up there. The heavitree shop wanted £150 more for both rifles. I told them its was cheaper at the sportsman but being a family business i would rather give them the cash and what deal could they do, i was told to **** off back to the sportsman then!!!! Ive since bought 2 shotguns and 2 centrefire rifles as well as loads of bits and bobs and spent loads of money, i refuse to even go into the heavitree shop ever again and most of the people i shoot with have done the same!

Royal