2p rise in fuel duty announced

Robalex

LEAVE THE EU AND GET RID OF BROWN,,EVERY ONE THAT HAS A CAR SHOULD BRING THIS COUNTRY TO A STAND STILL OR ,,,,ARE WE GOING TO LET THEM WALK ALL OVER US AS USUAL,,,,,,

ALSO BRING OUR LADS BACK SAFE,,,, FROM THE WAR ,,,,THAT ISNT OURS

STOP PAYING FOR OTHER COUNTRYS BILLS

STOP PAYING FOR MPS MISTAKES

THE LIST IS ENDLESS

Edited by shotgun666

Although its annoying that we have to pay more for diesel etc, I personally think its a good thing as maybe more of us will limit our petrol/diesel consumption and therefore decrease co2 emmissions so maybe we can survive on this planet for another few years.

:hmm:

Dont fall for all the guff about it being for the benefit of the environment. It is going to hurt normal working people who have to drive to and from work because there is no workable public transport system. This ,as ever is going to squeeze the family budget even further unless you are wealthy enough not to have to worry about fuel prices. I pay about £40 to fill the little banger for the privilege of getting to and from work and that is 90% of the driving we do as a household. My Mrs has to do the same for her job too. I have 2 cars to tax this month so I really do not need any more financial pain from an increase that comes disguised as an Environment improving measure.

People who support fuel price increases are usually in a position where they do not directly suffer from the financial hardship incurred upon them and their families.

ps I too think another fuel strike is a very satisfying way of giving these parasites a caning( a bit selfish of me because as a health worker I got to the front of the queue for petrol :stupid: ).

Edited by vole21

Having a BSC Honours degree in Conservation and environment, ive tended to have been given and researched a fair bit on the the environmental benefit of this. Im totally skint and am in big time dept and drive daily, but still I think its a good idea.

The fact is, is that without doing stuff for the environment within 50 years we are all going to die anyway.

:stupid:

I strongly support looking after the planet and do our part as a family. The time when fuel costs induced me to refrain from driving came a long time ago. I do not need this further vindictive policy.If they would be kind enough to give my home sufficient value again to enable us to move closer to work or to provide a bus service for NHS shift workers,I would happily torch the Goddamn car on my driveway.This is a blunt instrument and the revenue gained is not going to benefit the planet or the driver or anyone but those who do not have to worry about 2 p on a litre.

Having a BSC Honours degree in Conservation and environment, ive tended to have been given and researched a fair bit on the the environmental benefit of this. Im totally skint and am in big time dept and drive daily, but still I think its a good idea.

The fact is, is that without doing stuff for the environment within 50 years we are all going to die anyway.

:good:

Scientist cant even predict our summer what makes you think they can predict the climate in 50 years time?

Global warming is a natural occurence, the planet warms up then cools down then warms up again. The planet has been doing this cycle for many thousands of years. Just Scientists tyring to scare us and brainwash into thinking that we need action now, the government see's this as a perfect opportunity to tax us and say they are going to take action which is obviously ********.

The government wont find an alternative to Fossil fuels it will be the car companies like Honda and lexus, so if government forces people to move onto public transport which is totally **** at the moment and people stop buying New cars, where are those companies going to get there money to find alternatives?

MOSSY IF WE ALL STAND TOGETHER WE CAN,,,,,,BUT A LOT OF PEOPLE DONT HAVE A BACK BONE IN THIS COUNTRY

I agree and will support shotgun666 when he stops using his vehicle completely, in protest. :yes:

As I live in a very rural area , at least 2 miles from the nearest bus stop, I will have to continue using my vehicle, but I still support shotgun666's protest. :good:

TRUST ME IL BLOCK A MAJOR ROAD OR A OIL REFINARY IN MY AREA,USING MY CAR :good: ,IF I CAN GET THE BACKING OF OTHER PEOPLE,,IF THIS WAS FRANCE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN,, :good: ,,IF IT WAS AMERICA WHAT WOULD HAPPEN,, :yes: ,,,,,THE UK,, :lol: ,,I THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT BRITAIN,,WE GET WALKED OVER BY EVERY ONE,,,GOVERMENT,,THE EU,,,,ETC THE LIST IS ENDLESS,,,,OUR GOVERMENT ARE LAP DOGS FOR EVERYONE ELSE TO PLAY WITH

Edited by shotgun666

:yes:

A degree looks nice on paper, but if you dont support global warming then you will get no funding and thats a fact!!

Yes there is climate change but its not because of humans and our ways of doing things.

Look at this video, it was a documentary made by Channel 4. "The great global warming swindle"

>>>CLICK HERE TO WATCH<<<

They have some of the worlds best experts on there including the IPPC

This video was all over the internet but it`s getting harder to find good quality copies.

:)

Did you learn that "fact" on your course?

Seems to me that whilst it's logical to try and regulate our global greenhouse emissions, expecially in light of the Chinese economic growth, it's almost certainly an over reaction.

We should all look forward to the results from the CLOUD project at CERN which may or may not dispel the myth of humankind's contribution to global warming - data is due to start becoming available in 2011.

Until then I'm gonna focus my "energy" on how to exploit making my fortune on the back of the current environment boom, IMHO it should be looked upon as an opportunity rather than certain doom and gloom :yes:

On the subject of the 2p price rise; whilst not exactly over-joyed with it it was rather inevitable - billions have been pumped into the economy and the money has to be recovered somewhere. Rather that kind of taxation than taking it out of salary where I would have no choice. I'm sure just about all of us can choose to share car journeys and / or travel by car less if we are so inclined!

Best

Raja

PS - Guinea Fowl - I think the DVD can be purchased on Amazon.