How Many People Go On The 1st Now ?

marsh man

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its my first season as a wildfowler after 50 years of dedicated pigeon shooting, I have joined the Norwich wildfowlers and am looking forward to getting out on the marshes, but first I need to get 6 yes 6 signatures from members prepared to show me the ropes, so far I have zero volunteers, but I cant help feeling excited about the prospect of getting out on the marshes, something i've always wanted to do but never had the opportunity, so if you are an NWA member and wouldn't mind some company feel free to drop me a line, :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Can't assist you at the moment but I certainly should be able to later on in the season. The Memsahib is going to have an operation on Thursday so I am a bit tied up at the moment rushing hither and thither. When things calm down I can think of fowling. The six members to go with you is a good thing if you are not a seasoned fowler. I joined with 50 years of fowling experience and still had to pass the interview and find three people to certify that I wasn't a total idiot on the marsh. It is a superb club but could loose its shooting areas with just one act of stupidity or negligence.

Send me a PM with your location and whether you can shoot in the week or not. I very rarely go on Saturdays.

Van is all loaded up ready to go (minus the gun). Leaving at 3am tomorrow to get the spot I want and to see where the greys are coming in of the estuary. Then the long 24 hrs wait. Got a cheap little tent for me and drake to spend the nite in. Will be coming home on Wednesday. To say I'm looking forward to it is an understatement

Got to the Marsh for 3am to find someone best me to my planned location. Went to another I expected to see packed and not a soul to be seen (same was true of the fowl though)

Still that's how it can be in September. Still got too see the sun come up and the dog was plainly dead chuffed to be back at it again

We don't start until October 1st. With mallard still hatching in August down here, lots of flappers about, not to mention midges. Some people preach against lead for conservation reasons and then go out and shoot flappers!

You certainly need to pick your shots this time of year ,saw a post on FB where someone was chuffed to have had a triple of greylag , they looked barely bigger than a decent mallard !

If it makes you feel any better Kent we never got a shot off in that spot. Seen 4 good skeins of greylags but only one skein came close enough and even they were close on 70 yards. I had the 10 bore out with 63g 3's but won't be effective at that range so went home without. Lot of teal flying but won't touch them in September

If it makes you feel any better Kent we never got a shot off in that spot. Seen 4 good skeins of greylags but only one skein came close enough and even they were close on 70 yards. I had the 10 bore out with 63g 3's but won't be effective at that range so went home without. Lot of teal flying but won't touch them in September

Its just part of it all

Could you credit I got on ulfa rock and not a soul else came!

Interesting about the teal

I had a very nice evening out on the river bank with Beretta28g , we didnt get a shot but there were birds about, we could hear others having a few pots, but it was a great evening among the reed beds, I had a couple of heron fly past me at about 3 yards, made me jump, plenty of pigeon still moving up to about 7.30 ish, we just had to run for cover around 9.00 as the heavens opened with a huge thunder storm, but I cant wait to get out again, perhaps there will be something to shoot at next time, lol. :lol::lol: