The bent barrel and the load of death!

Underdog

As you know I broke down and laid a lot of cash down on a Baikal single a few weeks back, an old ejector model for the huge cost of £40!

The only problem was, it shoots low! There was only one thing for it, bend the barrel!

So out came the blocks of timber and a scissor jack and said barrel was duly bent. Too much at first ooops, the things go all of a sudden!

Anyway got it back and now it's spot on :) .

Took a belting cock bird left to right at speed and a good 35yds or so. With a home load too.

Cookie will go nuts but I grabbed a hand full of empty Hull paper cases and primed them. The primers a Fiocchi #57 from about the 60s were too slack, no problem, clear nail varnish and some folded paper did the trick. Next up an adjustable shot measure set to 1oz throws around 25grn of N80, card and wad, same measure set to 1&1/4oz throws 1oz+of course shot. A bobby dazzler special :)

Check the picture out Cookie :whistling:

SAM_1365_zpsaiy1nw49.jpg

Jess had two squirrels to play with today.

SAM_1366_zpswuqtt7qw.jpg

U.

go through your process of barrel bending.............how did you find out it shot low....wallpaper at 30 yds ?.................

It shot good if I kept my head up.

This was deduced by missing birds and then shooting at rocks.

I simply jack the barrel the way I want it to go. Measure and release. Go again to last measurement and add some.

Judging by how much I had to lift my head not much bend was needed.

It shot good if I kept my head up.

This was deduced by missing birds and then shooting at rocks.

I simply jack the barrel the way I want it to go. Measure and release. Go again to last measurement and add some.

Judging by how much I had to lift my head not much bend was needed.

doing that was a real "knicker gripper" i bet............what was going thro your mind "its only £40...its only £40....its only £40....eerrr whoops......"

did you block it either end and then jack from underneath ?

Edited by ditchman

doing that was a real "knicker gripper" i bet............what was going thro your mind "its only £40...its only £40....its only £40....eerrr whoops......"

did you block it either end and then jack from underneath ?

Jacked it in the horizontal plane. Jack flat on the ground.

Done it a few times now. Nothing new really.

Many a new barrel has to be bent in the factory.

Jacked it in the horizontal plane. Jack flat on the ground.

Done it a few times now. Nothing new really.

Many a new barrel has to be bent in the factory.

right ...got it....i know they fettle them in the factory...but i have never attempted it myself..............i had a "el chimbo 410" that shot round the corner...but i sold it on....

Hi

Great post as always

It's the type of presision that I can associate with was the shot all the same size or some you punched out of a sheet and rounded up in your hub caps 😚😋

All the best

Of

Lol, I made a drum for a lathe at work once, put some steel stampings in it and thousands of unwanted 177 lead pellets. Rounded them up a treat!