All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yep, we had a Moffat oven with built in rotisserie, some of the best tasting chicken ever, unfortunately they don't make many ovens with a rotisserie now but you can get an air fryer with built in rotisserie, we have been looking at them...https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09437HXR8?tag=bbc00-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&ref=bbcgoodfood-305167&ascsubtag=bbcgoodfood-305167
  3. Great news, I was out checking feeders last night at 11pm 🤣🤣 it's not a coincidence that where I shoot there are lots of birds 😁 Not where I am, unfortunately the cats and magpies are another issue, we'll see several cats every day going through or along the garden, I'd get another dog just to keep them out, there's only so many times you can chase them out. Magpies are everywhere around us, I know I can shoot them, but they don't tend to hang around or give safe shots, between cats and magpies the chicks have a very tough time.
  4. Maybe, but at least the chances of being killed are less, in a perfect world it might have seemed a good idea, BUT it’s not a perfect world.
  5. Gosh, this could develop into a gravey thread !! I can’t use veg water because I steam my veg. So, mine is variation on a theme. If it’s roast lunch / dinner I achieve the same thing by frying off / soften a small onion, add water, veg cube worcs sauce and herbs and all the vegetable trimmings chopped. eg cauli and broccoli leaves a stump, carrot / swede peel etc. I do not include potato or parsnip peel. It’s not time consuming because I’m preparing the veg anyway. This simmers for ages while preparing the rest of the meal. It’s strained off and when the meat is resting the veg water is used to get all of the meat juices from the roasting tin then thickened with bisto. Gert Lush.
  6. Sorry to burst your bubble slaphead but what you have bought is a can of mixed Snake Oil and powdered Unicorn horn. The mouse has most likely legged it and will come back as and when it pleases.
  7. totally agree.....in the early 80's i bought the Mrs a cannon cooker (gas)..and that had an gas flip down grill/ rotisseri.....we used it regular for chicken or a boned out breast of lamb......................... as you say rotissi roasted chicken ....nothing better...or duck or pork or lamb...........never ever did beef tho'
  8. Yep ! This one is even mimicking me 😁
  9. I wonder how many people have read the article. It questions what has occurred recently to cause the decline, and while it does suggest that recent extreme weather may have had an effect it is not a rant about global warming. It does suggest ways in which we can all help. My couple of acres of England has lost among other things bullfinch, swallow, mistle thrush, a colony of tree sparrows and breeding turtle doves in the last thirty years and I find it heart breaking. Oh and the article is written by Tony Juniper, who is Chair of Natural England. He really doesn't have many answers. Make of that what you will.
  10. For the best roast chicken its got to-be a rotisserie oven, they do a rotisserie air fryer but there's not much room for anything else when cooking a whole chicken on the rotisserie.
  11. Those estimates and modelling however should be seen in proportion and not used to justify the tabloid statements that you have been responsible for to make a point. “Minefields of lead for those poor wee partridges to eat then die” if memory serves me . Comments like that are not justifiable from the scientific data you had available and play into the hands of those intent on the destruction of fieldsports. As a result they threaten the future of fieldsports for the next generation. I don’t share your optimism regarding the altruism of scientists or that they are free from bias. Placing your faith in the belief that scientific research is beyond questioning as it searches for the “truth” is a bit too trusting. It can be just as prone to manipulation and political pressure in order to support an agenda. I think the average scientist would concede that is true. The nature of the path that fieldsports take is governed by politics ,making the wrong political decision can have far reaching consequences. It’s imperative that BASC et al make their decisions based on scientific fact and not be open to accusations of political expediency. No Science No Change ,BASC got it right the first time the only thing that has changed is the politics surrounding the woke green activist culture and the availability of the monster that social media has become and of course the willingness of our organisations to represent the views of their members and not to dictate policy. The last point may explain the fall in grace of our shooting organisations in the eyes of the average fieldsports enthusiast. It may all be explained away by claims of not appreciating the bigger picture but that is asking that you place your trust in organisations that unfailingly are open to bias and continual political pressure whereas the average fieldsports enthusiast’s only concern is the protection of his sport. Readers of this thread and others will be aware of the continual attempted portrayal of any opposition to policy as a small number of unrepresentative troublemakers , belligerent BASC bashers and trolls rather than honest fieldsports enthusiasts holding BASC et al to account for their questionable decisions, their independence allows them a clearer perspective and the ability to express that unhindered. Be wary who you place your trust in and have confidence in your own judgement rather than over rely on others doing your thinking for you.
  12. I think that’s a circuit board to control the horn and lights ?? There’s not much on Google about this board ! The only thing I’ve found is that’s it’s 27mhz. I’ve seen them conversions on YouTube 😂
  13. Don't forget the squirrels impact on birds eggs . They can get everywhere and seem to live every where too .
  14. As others do, provide plenty of nest boxes and feeding stations
  15. Hello, Did you cook the Chicken in one of those Air Fryers Loyd ?? i am still debating getting one 🤔
  16. Hello, Where are you situated in UK ?? , The BSA R 10 i had in MK 1 and it never let me down, as same with an AA S410, both in 22, From my first PCP some 20 years ago with a Falcon Light Hunter , Most PCPs will give years of service if they are looked after and maintained well, ask Logunater on here who serviced my FX MK 1 22 Verminator He knows good from bad with PCPs
  17. Today
  18. Well done and good luck we also got three Ospreys platforms hoping they will use one of them
  19. They’ll be quite a few on here that don’t know what the ‘Guzunder’ was, but many that clearly do and probably used one
  20. Cheers folks for all the replies! I’m very tempted by the BSA R10. Or would you say air arms are generally better? Are there any reputable airgun shops in England? Doesn’t seem to be much in Scotland. Might get a better price private but a shop might throw some warranty in
  21. Brilliant another shaggy monster,got couple of identical ones here....lol Cockers,,the true mad shooters companion! Good luck lovely looking pups!
  22. This forum never ceases to amaze me with members ability to answer the most random of questions! Brilliant!
  1. Load more activity