All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks everyone for the replies, Vince green that’s a great shout about the parts from Germany and something I’ll definitely be looking into. Is there any company or channel you go down to order. The Kia is a good shout also as a lad at work has one and he speaks highly of it but it just doesn’t float my boat personally. Hdav the Volvo is also a good shout. My main list were xc90/X5/Q7/GL. I test drove a Q7 and it was nice. Nothing special on the short drive but the 7 seats and the space behind for a pram and soon a dog was great. also looked at the disco 4 but my mechanic mate who usually does the work said he’d disown me if I bought one. He’s not a fan. im open to any decent motor but my head says the Q7 but my heart says the merc. The last was such an amazing car I need to at least test drive one before taking the plunge. Thanks for all the suggestions
  3. Yesterday
  4. McSpredder

1/4 unc bolts

Might be easier to find 1/4" BSW. Same thread pitch as 1/4" UNC (both 20TPI). Slightly different thread shape, but will probably fit OK.
  5. Thanks for all the replies guys. Shame to hear about the galling, nearly had my mind made up
  6. Mice!

New gun day

Another new gun, is it standard left handed action? I like the idea of that, right hand on the trigger left cocking, if you can keep it on target.
  7. Newbie to this - thanks for the advice - see below. Still missing side panels and rad scoops. Bit of tidying with wiring and fuel tap, plus clutch and tick over sorting. Less than a day's work - hopefully - only taken six months.
  8. stumfelter

1/4 unc bolts

I think camera tripod threads are 1/4 unc.
  9. Yeah I messed up there 😂. I used a metal thread bar but it’s a bit loose now
  10. snipper

New gun day

If your going to get some more mags personally I prefer the originals ....... eagle vision do some nice ally ones but a pain as you really need a probe to load the mag or they fall out even after a good tap
  11. Taking isolation to extreme.
  12. If so , dont forget to drill hole first for the pin , before you cut your angled joint.....😉
  13. Thats a long way out to sea. Were you on a boat ?
  14. Ultrastu

Choice of two

Bsa ultras are pretty good .😉
  15. My mate said it’s stronger and if you think about it it’s got a bigger area for glue .
  16. The best threads are the ones on PW!
  17. I agree that is a nice stick for his daughter who I'm sure will be delighted. However, I did not know that an angled jointed is easier to do than a straight one, so will try that on my next stick. OB
  18. Mice!

1/4 unc bolts

Did you get a bible out? http://theoreticalmachinist.com/Threads_UnifiedImperial.aspx I find this very useful, especially for random strange threads. But why were you trying to explain threads to your son? Genuine question I'm not having a pop, most folk probably only know metric maybe BSP or Gas as some call them.
  19. Looking into it further I’d probably get 112 as it’s much smaller..
  20. Jos

Pard

Pard 019 for sale. £175 plus postage ovno
  21. saw a Q7 get stuck on flat wet grass at a shoot last year.ok for tesco's car park-owner later turned up in a LR110 to save further blushes. consider- lc120 d4 I'd love to say subaru but I think they are dying species. or a 4x4 pick up? f.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?