Four year old boy killed by dog

agusta

if i actually the the act taking place i dont think id have chance to even think about going and getting my gun etc etc ,i think instinct would take over and youd be on that dog quick as a flash without a second thought to your own safety....

right or wrong, dont think any bloke could stand and watch or leave even if it was to get a gun....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i actually the the act taking place i dont think id have chance to even think about going and getting my gun etc etc ,i think instinct would take over and youd be on that dog quick as a flash without a second thought to your own safety....

right or wrong, dont think any bloke could stand and watch or leave even if it was to get a gun....

:rolleyes:

I think if I was to witness something like that, the animal in me would take over :good: no time to think about guns.

SS

Very, very sad news indeed. :good:

Here's a question for you though...If you saw that attack taking place and lived a few doors away, held an FAC and a SGC would you take your gun out and shoot said dog mid attack knowing you 'could' get prosecuted for discharging a firearm in a public place amongst other law breaking acts?

Let's assume the dog has stopped attacking said person for a moment and was stood in a clear area.

My personal opinion is I would get as close as possible and shoot the dog if I could get a safe shot off to save a childs life and reap the consequences after. I know I would have a clear mind saving a life.

no, because it would waste valuable time getting the cabinet open, plus it would hardly be a safe shot, shooting a dog while it was mauling someone, id grab the pick handle and wade into it :rolleyes:

ps very sad news

Do the armed response not use expanding ammo then? I thought they did? :rolleyes:

The last box of .38 ammo I bought, before the ban, had "Special for Police" printed on it.

They had lead hollow point bullets.

I was never sure if the printing meant they were to be used 'by' police or 'against' police.

We had a bobby coming out beating some time ago, he had once been ordered to shoot a vicious jack russell terrier. He said it took him 4 shots with a .38 revolver!

yet another tragic example of the "I can control my dog, my dogs a good dog mentality" I hope the neandertals responsible for this go down, and its a waste of time saying I hope lessons are learned because they wont be, and it WILL happen again.

KW

What ******* sport?

Shooting a dog because it has just killed a toddler is the minimum, they should go and get the owners of said dog and publicly flog them to within an inch of their lives.

What gun did you use to shoot your dog? did you break your FAC conditions or did you use a shotgun and spread it's head as far as possible?

People like you make me sick, you are nothing but a walting fantasist who steals oxygen.

[/quote

If you are talking about me its banjobill not banjobob- he is a country and western singer, banjobill is a common name for the spoonbill.

I did use a shot gun but my FAC has got "humane dispatch" on it so it would have been legal. i think you would be surprised how many people use a gun on the dog, at the vet it would cost£115 to have it injected.

i shot the animal because if i was nearly dead due to a punctured artery and compared to others i am a large fat ****** but if that had don that to the kid the kid would have definatly died, i could not trust it. it was a german shepard that turned, and i was warned that once its done that once it will do it again.

i have had problems with the cops because i had a tail light out when out lamping and then when pulled i had a rifle with me all legal and everything but they called out the armed response unit and i spent 1/2 hour looking down the muzzel of a machine gun and the next 4 in the cop station i was later relaesed with no charges and have no record.

"fantasist who steals oxygen" is almost a compliment after some of the things ive been called, so thanks.

i think i appoligised for any offence taken from my posts on this topic.

BB

Edited by banjobill

The owners of these fighting dogs enjoy creating fear and think that this fear is actually respect, they are life's losers I am afraid. They also fail to look after the dogs properly (so are cruel) and let them **** all over the place. The dogs should be put down humanely and their owners should do time.

if a dog savages the police dont have to go to court to have the dog put down, they need a superintendants signature.

however the police carry pistols or mp5 machine guns, neither of these use expanding ammunition so it can be argued that this was not a suitable methodn for "humane despatch". Does a dog being shot, there is nothing to say it was screned off, in public view really do anything for the sport.

if they had to shoot it a rifle with expanding bullets or a shotgun if the range was short would be more appropriate.

im not against the dog being put down or shot even, however the police don't really understand firearms and if this hade to be done many vets hold firearms suitable for humane dispatch.

in my opinion it could hacve been handled better.

Sorry if you took offence at an eirlier post.

BB

I was reading down through this thread and then I read this post and it made my blood boil. What kind of a gob****e posts on a thread where a toddler has been killed by a dog to say that the police should have handled it better. That they should have chosen a more suitable way of humanely dispatching the dog. Did the dog care how it killed the child.

You retarded waltering insensitive ******* *****!

Chandelierma - not talking rubbish just cant understand why someone would want to own a dog that has been bred to fight and kill. You might not fall into this category but many of these owners seem to attach some sort of importance to themselves as their dog looks (and probably is) dangerous. If you mix them with small children you are asking for trouble, they see them as beneath them in the pack hierachy.

Chandelierma - not talking rubbish just cant understand why someone would want to own a dog that has been bred to fight and kill. You might not fall into this category but many of these owners seem to attach some sort of importance to themselves as their dog looks (and probably is) dangerous. If you mix them with small children you are asking for trouble, they see them as beneath them in the pack hierachy.

Yes,i can appreciate what you are saying but it is all down to how they are brought up,"ANY" dog is capable of killing not just dogs that are bred for fighting,if i remember it was 1991/92 that the dangerous dogs act came into place,this was because of a pitbull attact on a young asian girl,but i believe the first dog that actually killed was a lassie dog (rough collie) since then numerous dogs have also killed.

At the end of the day it yet another sad story of a unresponsible owner not looking after they animal properly which has led to this tragic event,one way or the other the dog would have to be destroyed,if it was my child being attacked by a dog then i would kill it by any means possible.

this is more grist to the mill unfortunatley about the licensing of "staffies". i have a very soft very small very well bredf staff who is very gentle. i have in the past however argued for the breed and i will continue to do so. these dogs that are now prevalent on the streets are as far detached from the staffie breed as it is as far to be. it is i feel time for licensing as the breed is becoming tarnished and, as this poor childs death proves, the dogs involved are becoming offensive weapons.

scum dog owners owning badly bred dogs deserve no sympathy from the fishes corner.

dogs are not for fighting anymore.

an owner with a true stafford will have no problems with this

jdf

this is more grist to the mill unfortunatley about the licensing of "staffies". i have a very soft very small very well bredf staff who is very gentle. i have in the past however argued for the breed and i will continue to do so. these dogs that are now prevalent on the streets are as far detached from the staffie breed as it is as far to be. it is i feel time for licensing as the breed is becoming tarnished and, as this poor childs death proves, the dogs involved are becoming offensive weapons.

scum dog owners owning badly bred dogs deserve no sympathy from the fishes corner.

jdf

did we bring in the breed of the staffordshire bull terrier no. We know this aint a staffordshire bull terrier and we dont want another argument about it cause im sick to death of the same argument over and over again.

The way a dog has been treated must form a big part of how it behaves but....

Pointers point and retrievers retrieve without any training, it's in their nature (ok you have to train them to

do it properly).

Dogs that have been bred to fight. ?

Someone posted a link to a research paper which showed that 'bull type terriers' were

massively more responsible for human deaths or injuries than other breeds (in Canada I think).

This is no-doubt partly due to how they have been handled but nature must be a part of it.

I think I've read that Canada banned these dogs (they all had to be neutered) and human

attacks have dropped massively since. No references I'm afraid.

Nial

pit bulls where/are bread to fight other dogs, same as terriers are bred to kill rats for example, attacking people tho, is down to the owners, poor training or none at all, this accident is very sad, but whats a 4 year old doing up at midnight messing about with a dog that the owners use/or are going to use for fighting (if Ive got this wrong I'm sorry, but I'm sure the news or a news website has said they are breeding fighting dogs at the address in question)

Its just been reported it was a pit bull type dog..also a neighbour reported it to the police but was told incorrectly it wasnt a police matter so no one went around to the house prior to the attack ( in Liverpool they have a special unit set up for this ) just a pity for the child the phone operator wasnt better informed but logic would surley dictate an illegal breed of dog was a police matter .

Still the blame lies at the feet of the owner or owners of this dog ...aparently Liverpool police have put over 300 of this type of dog to sleep this year ...there really are some absolute morons out there breeding these fighting dogs , they are a cancer to society

pit bulls where/are bread to fight other dogs, same as terriers are bred to kill rats for example, attacking people tho, is down to the owners, poor training or none at all, this accident is very sad, but whats a 4 year old doing up at midnight messing about with a dog that the owners use/or are going to use for fighting (if Ive got this wrong I'm sorry, but I'm sure the news or a news website has said they are breeding fighting dogs at the address in question)

Are you saying it's the childs fault he was killed by the dog?

Who's to say the child wasn't ill or was just having a bad night? Either way it's totally irrelevant. The only FACTS we know is a 4 year old boy was killed by a dog.

jdf

JDF you're getting tarred with the "Irish Staffie" and the likes which is the way people have been avoiding the ban and getting pit bulls into the country. If you see a long legged Irish Staffie odds are its a pit bull. I saw a lot of them after the ban and it isn't just the owner its the type and size of dog as well, as has been said you don't teach a pointer to point or a Jack Russel to catch rats they just do it. In the same way a pit Bull doesn't just bite and retreat its jaws lock on and it holds its target and shakes which causes severe injuries. The other side of them is the size a full grown adult can't just scruff one and stop it attacking you need a breaker stick and a lot of experience to do so. These dogs are used to hunt Hogs etc overseas because they can take on and hold large pigs, when their trigger switch gets flicked by a child whether its noise, or jealousy or being pestered you don't end up with a child with a small biteas you do from most domestic dogs you get a severe injury hence they were banned. I was in the pub last year and some tart walked in with a pup which started playing with my GWP in the conversation she said she'd paid about a grand to have it imported from Ireland. I said oh so its a pit bull she said thats what my vet said as well :good: and she actually thought it was funny calling it an Irish Staff she was from a dodgy background but had married a guy with plenty of money so its all sorts think its a good thing.

In this case there have been reports it was a mastiff type so probably the case is a little more complex hence they haven't released more information yet.