What's your favourite curry?

smiiithy

I like the hot ones. Madras, Vindaloo or even Phal now and again. If I know I'm spending the next day working hard I'll usually back off and just stick to the Madras or even go milder. Korma is too sweet and rich for me though!

A lot of people accuse me of willy waving when I say I like hot curry? I don't understand it? If I didn't like it I wouldn't eat it and I wouldn't expect them to if they don't enjoy it! It's not about scoring points, it's about eating something you like. Who will back me up and say that chillies have quite a unique flovour? Not the hot bit, but a flavour which is nice and can't be found anywhere else? I really like hot food, it's nice!

I'll quite happily sit and drink archers and lemonade or malibu and coke because I don't like pints.... I'm certainly not a willy waver :good:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Thai really count as curry though? :)

I guess being called curry it does. It's more subtle than an indian but I never even considered it when I read the question! It is nice, but it's a totally different experience.

Anyway, I can't afford to get it in my head that I really fancy Thai. I've booked the table at the indian now :good:

You've not had a proper hot curry to a pakstani / northern indian restaurant has prepared it for you.

Tayaabs is good but the queues are too long most nights of the week, there are just as good restaurants closer to Essex and just as good :good: if not better.

Popped into a localish pakistani restaurant last night / early hours this morning - mixed grill starter, korai gohst, two naan (no butter), bhindi bhaji, mashed dal, onion bhaji (proper one), four cans of coke and two bottles of water between two of us. Not allowed to take alcohol in there. We hadn't been drinking anyway. Absolutely superb - bangladeshi restaurants don't even come close :)

had my first phall on saturday night and to be honest i was a little dissapointed! tasted great but i think i was expecting a bit more fire, i've heard or people nearly passing out and tales of near death experiences but there not really that much hotter than a vindaloo, and i didn't even get ring sting sunday morning so was a little dissapointed but as usual everthing was cooked perfect! :good:

Why would you want a burning ring???

I had a pheasant curry last night that I'm made from scratch following some recipe I found on internet which involved pounding a loads of spices and sesame seeds in a mortar.

Was very tasty and was more flavoursome than spicy.

Also did a side of potato and spinich with onions and garlic and a couple teaspoons of Pataks Tikka Masala curry paste, very good and a fraction of the cost of the local take away. In fact I made the curry the week before and froze it in 3 double portions so it was just a case of sticking in a pan to reheat so probably as quick and hassle free as a take away with the exception that I knew exactly what had been put in it.

For the chaps that like it hot, try the Naga chillies - Absolutely awesome!!

As far as the willy waving bit goes, the active ingredient that is in chocolate is also in chilli - Basically, you have it and then crave more. I've built up (unknowingly, or at least unwittingly) a fairly high tolerance level over the years and don't really notice the heat all that much which is why I'm not allowed to use chillies at home unless the food's only for me!!!

Guess I'm a curry wimp, prefer to taste my curries and not drip sweat into them and feel like I've had a poker shoved up the next day. :good:

no don't get me wrong there's nothing wimpy about mild curry's it's a matter of preference, bhuna is my favourite curry but as someone else said i've just got a good tolerance to hot food, i was more dissapointed as i've always heard a phall was immense and i didn't find it too bad vindaloo is my comfort zone, i said i was thinking of having a phall to my wife then changed my mind so after a bit of ribbing from her decided on the phall and don't know what all the fuss was about. i prefere a good hot curry if i've got a cold it soon sorts the sinus's :good: but generally i just go for a chicken bhuna as my locals is amazing but i was expecting to **** fire

ha ha like that your wife was the one calling you chicken etc.

Did you see that Indian woman on the Gordan Ramsey program, she was attempting to beat the record for eating most Naga chillies (think they were Naga anyway) Ramsey nibbled the end of one and it burnt his mouth and she then scoffed about 50, when she didn't beat the record she then went for some other record about rubbing them in her eyes!!!! Couldn't watch it all as was making me feel ill but you've got some way to go to beat her.

Perhaps the strength of a phall varies form place to place, I reckon next time you tell them that you found the last phall you had a bit tame and ask them to max it for you.

ha ha like that your wife was the one calling you chicken etc.

Did you see that Indian woman on the Gordan Ramsey program, she was attempting to beat the record for eating most Naga chillies (think they were Naga anyway) Ramsey nibbled the end of one and it burnt his mouth and she then scoffed about 50, when she didn't beat the record she then went for some other record about rubbing them in her eyes!!!! Couldn't watch it all as was making me feel ill but you've got some way to go to beat her.

Perhaps the strength of a phall varies form place to place, I reckon next time you tell them that you found the last phall you had a bit tame and ask them to max it for you.

my mrs wasn't laughing after she dipped her finger in it! she's a korma queen so she was soon in the kitchen scrambling for a drink :good:

i saw that, she was mental and wasn't it her own record she was trying to break, not sure i woud have wanted to stay with them head hunters but some of the food looked good just not sure about the hygeine standards!

i get on with the bloke who does the delivering we normally talk football so next time i'll give him stick about it, he's sound he gave us nearly £30 worth of stuff free once as a belated wedding present :good: thats my kinda wedding gift shame the family wasn't that thoughtful how many bloody towels do you need!!