D&Js?

Used to use eley HBs and they were great.

went down to the local gunnshop to buy some more and they ddnt have any.

I asked what else they had and was quite keen to sell me the D and Js.

Went roosting the next day, and i honestly shot 45 carts for 5 pigeons!!!

Usually i hit them 2 to 1 with eley HBs whats going on???

Could any1 tell me the speed of these D&Js??

Cheers

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with D&Js; just poor-shot pussycats who use them. Shoot them at a dustbin at 40 yards and then ask yourself if you'd take its place. Looking up a barrel after firing is fine if you think there is a blockage, but to comment on 'dirt' in a barrel is a bit housewifey!!!

Edited by Floating Chamber

I'd rather any other cart but I'll use em if I have to it's better than throwing stones at the pigeons ?

I dont know, i probably would have got more by throwing the cartridges at the pigeons!!

I even missed a sitter(well its probably got a sore a*se)!!

I have to say i hate them, AND I SHALL NEVER BUY THEM AGAIN!

Nothing wrong with D&Js; just poor-shot pussycats who use them. Shoot them at a dustbin at 40 yards and then ask yourself if you'd take its place. Looking up a barrel after firing is fine if you think there is a blockage, but to comment on 'dirt' in a barrel is a bit housewifey!!!

That just about sums it up :no:

There's nothing wrong with them really, they're a long way from being the best, but all this tripe about "dirt" makes me laugh. It's nothing that a quick swipe with a boresnake won't shift. :rolleyes:

I think Zapp hit the nail on the head though. When they were cheap - fair enough. But they're not cheap now, so I don't see the point. There are better cartridges for that sort of money.

Bought my mate some 28g 7 1/2 a couple of years back as he wanted some fairly cheap carts for some pigeon decoying. We killed 138 and he was knocking them down left, right and centre at good ranges. He was quite impressed with them.

I don't know why anyone would worry about dirty barrels, though.

Guest cookoff013

yeah they are dirty, but, put a load a choke and point it in the right place, you get a nice feeling thumping stuff down.

i`ve only fired a crate off.

wouldnt use them for game birds though.

they were cheap. like a budgie.

I'm pleased someone started this thread.................... I began to think it was me :good:

A friend gave me a few to try and I was completely underwhelmed! I wonder if the antimony is wrong?

I gave the birds more leade, then less leade, then at a ruddy pigeon which sat on a branch above me, the blasted thing flew off until I quickly rattled a Rio into it :yes:

It didn't fly no more :good: