Air guns from the 70s-80s-90s

reaper6

Mine was in 1979,saved up my pocket money and bought a DIANA SP50 airpistol,used to shoot and watch the pellet curve,from memory i looked like a colt 45,and cost £5 ish,then i bought my first rifle a BSA METEOR .22,sold that for a tenner to a mate,still to this day wish that i had kept that rifle,could consistently shoot stinging nettles in half with it,used to bunk off school to shoot pigeons.Then in 1980 bought BSA MERCURY .22,and still got it,at the time this was the rifle in our area and would shoot steel pellets through metal drums out hte other side and lodge in a brick wall,now its in the for sale section.

Now ive got AA S410K .177,BAIKAL O/U 12G.am applying for fac so i can get cz452 22lr.

unknown .177 underlever, tap loader. :good:

given to me and my brothers to fight over by one of my old mans mates. :yes: (to annoy the old boy, he's not at all interested in guns or shooting of any kind) :lol:

so little power that you could re use the pellets if you watched carefully enough.

used to take it to the workshop the old chap worked at and fire it around while they were working evenings. :angry:

also got given a crossbow when we were kids, but got it taken away after the first bolt went through the cans we were shooting at and straight through the workshop roller shutter :yes:

good days.....................

me and my middle brother both bought air arms sidelevers a few years after that, he had a single shot, i saved a bit more and bought an auto loader with a 'magazine' tube above the barrel. still got it sitting in the cupboard and it still gets used for a bit of plinking.

I think after the gat gun..that we all seemed to of had mine was a BSA meteor .22 and Im sure i had a webley .177

the days when health and safety didnt exsist......... :good:

no such things as permissions ...just shoot then run like hell when the farmer came chasing you :P (for all younger readers this was stupid)

then joined the army caddets and fired the MK1 303 and SLR 7.62 :lol::hmm:

unknown .177 underlever, tap loader. :hmm:

given to me and my brothers to fight over by one of my old mans mates. :lol: (to annoy the old boy, he's not at all interested in guns or shooting of any kind) :lol:

so little power that you could re use the pellets if you watched carefully enough.

used to take it to the workshop the old chap worked at and fire it around while they were working evenings. :good:

also got given a crossbow when we were kids, but got it taken away after the first bolt went through the cans we were shooting at and straight through the workshop roller shutter :lol:

good days.....................

me and my middle brother both bought air arms sidelevers a few years after that, he had a single shot, i saved a bit more and bought an auto loader with a 'magazine' tube above the barrel. still got it sitting in the cupboard and it still gets used for a bit of plinking.

sounds like it could have bin a RELUM TORNADO i had one in the early 70s .22 shot hundreds of starlings with it and one pedestrian :P never seen it again after that then i was only about 10

Looks like i got very lucky! Got a webley Victor .22 in 1987, used it for years. Shot first bunny, crow, squirrel, etc with it.

Still got it however the scope mounts are stuck on it and i cant get them off! Got a Wheirach HW90 now plus a Lanber OU.

Tight Lines

Aled

Very early model Diana .177 smoothbore only a wooden butt no wood on the forend, use to fire "Lanes cat slugs" in it and darts, Lincoln Jefferies .22 underlever and Webley Falcon .22 all usually fed "Marksman "pellets or "BSA Pylarm" I think thats how you spell it

Happy days

Alan

Hi chaps

no there sub 12lbft in .22 caliber like i said we decoyed them to 20yds! Like, its the best bag of pigeons airgun wise ive ever heard of either! and im not bragging! Just one of those red letter days!

Tom

BSA Cadet, BSA Meteor, various Airsporters, Webley Hawk ( screw in barrels in .177 and .22), Webley mk1 underlever, Diana Original 45, Feinwerkbau Sport .177, Airsporter Stutzen, Relum Tornado, Weihrauch HW 35 and HW35E, Loads of HW 80's, RWS Airking.

My old chap used to retail airguns and i've fitted a few washes and springs. :yes:

Best springer IMHO was a .177 HW 80 closely followed by the late and great Feinwerkbau Sport which was a lot lighter.

Edited by Whitebridges

BSA meteor, scourge of rats down at the farm and starlings and sparrows in the back garden. Later bought a BSA mercury for the same quarry plus with the additional power pigeons and rabbits. Both air rifles got nicked from the garden shed where they sometimes got left after an hours back garden plinking. Last of the teenage air rifles was a HW 35, cannot remember what happened to that but it was another good rifle with enough power and accuracy for proper hunting. All of these were in .22

Edited by scolopax

dad had a fishing tackle and gun shop in the late 60's and my first gun dont know the make but the modle was a bulldog if any you guys know what they were? use to sit out back shooting mice and birds that use to feed on fishing baits, then started going out hunting and my dad got me an airsporter s in 1.77 brilliant fun with that

colin