Good bag of woodies !!!

old rooster

Went out with my shooting mate yesterday and shared a bag of 389 woodies, personal best bag and an amazing day !!!.

Set up in 2 hides over the same decoy pattern at 9 a.m. and the pigeons kept coming until we stopped to clear up at about 4. Shot the first 2 over shell decoys and put them on my home made magnet, they came over in large and small groups all day long. We ran out of cartridges at one point and had to phone Debs to bring out another 250 box, she stayed for an hour or so to watch before heading back to get the dinner on.

Both used unfashionable side by sides and Kent Velocity 32 gram No. 6 cartridges.

Took over an hour to pick up and pack the gear, only too glad we were in the 4x4 so we could drive right up to the hides to collect the bag !. Ran out of sacks so had to put the rest in on top of the gear.

Didn't realise we had so many but we both shot pretty well and they came in at a steady rate. Doubt we'll beat that in a hurry but it won't spoil future days, we both reckoned we were about due a big bag as we've had some pretty slow sessions in the recent past.

Dropped the pigeons off at the game dealer and home for a nice meal of roast duck with all the trimmings, good girl that Debs ;-)).

post-11-1130687916.jpg

Well done. :) Some bag :lol: .

Its days like these that make me feel like i wish we could live and hunt for ever. ;)

Very obliging wife you have their mate. :P I have to get my own dinner when i come in from shooting all day :lol::lol:

I take it Debs is your wife? :lol:

Not wife Frank, had one of those once and vowed never to have another (not on my own anyway). Debs is my girlfriend and a great one at that !

Both used unfashionable side by sides and Kent Velocity 32 gram No. 6 cartridges.

good girl that Debs

Thats what I like to read Rooster. Nothing Old fashioned about them...

I shot at a corporate invitation Clay day last week and came second shooting a 40 year old SBS :beer:

There were 30 guns and I was the only one not using a OU. :)

Something else we have in common besides the love of Trout fishing.... My wife is called Deborah.... Roast Duck though is a bit out of her league shes from Bolton :lol:

FM.

Spectacular bag, rooster. Just got myself 12,000 acre permission and I haven't yet managed to find out where all the osr is - maybe I'll manage a day like that in the future (just the thought of it would be amazing!). Got a fair few pigeons coming in just below my house but it's almost impossible to shoot safely. I suppose it shows that being old doesn't prevent you from cockadoodle doing like a goog 'en.

Spectacular bag, rooster. Just got myself 12,000 acre permission and I haven't yet managed to find out where all the osr is - maybe I'll manage a day like that in the future (just the thought of it would be amazing!). Got a fair few pigeons coming in just below my house but it's almost impossible to shoot safely. I suppose it shows that being old doesn't prevent you from cockadoodle doing like a goog 'en.

Let me know if you ever need a hand on that big area, sometimes handy to have someone responsible to help keep them on the move.