Marriage

Sammy_D

Hey guys. Well after months of thinking im going to ask my partner to marry me. Went and got the ring today! Scary stuff lol.

I have so many ideas how I wanted to pop the question. We are (hopefully) flying to Switzerland on friday for my anuties 50th. I have one idea wich is there will be a big band playing at the party in the evening and getting up on the mic in front of around 500 people and asking her then.

My other idea which is a little bit cheesy is, when we are flying home, to get on the telecom system on the plane and ask her at god knows how many feet in the air lol.

I havent got an idea where to start of thinking what to say. Well thats a lie i know excatly what i want but putting it into a sentance is harder then i thought lol

So what did you say and how did you do it?

Thanks

Sammy D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went up a hill in the Peak District, by where I live that we both love. Got to the top, she thought I was having a heart attack and I got a Lizzy Duke ring from Argos out of my pocket and asked her. She went pink and started crying and all was good. We then went shopping for a real ring and go walking up many times and it remains a special place

In private, definitely. I proposed a week after we met :lol: , but in those days, I still was expected to go and talk to her dad! Talk about romance - he just said " As long as you elope, lad - I can't afford to pay for't wedding !" Then we went ring shopping and told everybody! :ernyha:

I flew Mrs MM to Paris on Concorde, and then did the deed at the top of the Eifel Tower.

Yeah, right! I asked her in an Indian takeaway after a night in the pub. We already had a child so thought it was the best thing to do as she is a Cathaolic girl.

Had the big wedding, with all the trimmings. One thing i did treat her to though, was i let her fly to USA to pick her dress. :ernyha:

Nope, never been there or even done the engagement bit either.

I did consider it last year but I felt after only being with her for 12 years I did not know her well enough to take the risk.

There is also no tax benefits to be had from marraige either these days, which I feel should also be taken into account before you enter into the dark abyss of entenchment.

Witness my smoothness:

Me, via phone: "My boss just gave me a posting order and it's for Northern Ireland. If you want to come with me then we are going to have to get married, and quick"

Her: "But I'm 7 months pregnant"

Me: They do wedding dresses in extra large. Whats for tea?"

Her: <sob>

ZB

I proposed to my ex missus at the Curragh race course just after Gailileo won the Irish Derby in 2001. I was full of budwieser and had a pocket full of money so decided that it was a good time to ask!!! Best wishes to you and your intended!!

contrary to popular opinion, i got close to marrying a girl a few years back. one night we were out my friends asked me when we were goingto get married, i said in front of her the earliest would be february 2008.

now i admit im partial to blondes, so it took her a few day's of puzling before she finally turned round and asked me "why february 2008?"

my answer of "because its a leap year so you can buy your own ring and ask me" was possibly one of the many reasons that relationship didnt work :good: