Whisky

beerdeor

Penderyn a Welsh wonder at 46%vol. Now I want some cheese and biscuits!

Yep being a Welshman, Penderyn is a big favourite, followed by Jameson, or Laphraig.

However me being a big girl, i love a Brecon Gin and Tonic best of all :good:

Tight Lines

Aled

Edited by Aled

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree. Two fingers and 3 ice cubes,I then forget all the weeks worries and pressures :good:Or if I have had a really **** week I will open the 18 year old.

Tried many other single malts and Glenfiddich is by far the smoothest to me. Not peaty like irish whisky or smoky like some scotch whiskies.

8.30am and I am already thinking of tonights stiff drink.... It is going to be a long day!

well, it beats looking at the one i married. :good:

As someone who is known to be partial to a drop scotch! I have visited (over the years) most of the western isle distilleries and more than a few mainland ones as well, my favourites are balvenie double wood so smooth its a joke :good: , ardbeg then any of the peaty varieties from Islay or Jura (laphroaig is a well acquired taste ?) Macallan is also a decent behind the bar and nowt else available drop of scotch.

KW

Immediately after a meal its got to be a sweet light glenmorangie.

Later with a fine cigar, a smoky lagavulin.

Theres several part drunk single malts in my drinks cabinet and i select them to suit my mood !

Anyone who asks for for ice or water in my house :good: gets issued with American "whisky flavour substitute" :good:

This has forced an audit!

Three Chivas Regal in varying quantities? I don't know why

one Ardbeg

one Tamdhu

Tullamore Dew

Jameson

Dalwhinnie

Glenmorangie

Glenfiddich

Bushmills

Aberlour

three assorted bog standards for heathens

and my lovely best mate Penderyn bought for me by my boy

it's tough but somebodies got to drink it!

Mind you it's curry time so it can wait

Hiya, Welllll, my fave is Isle of Jura....fantastic stuff...:lol: Many's a night I've sat with Charles (the owner) in the Lochaline Hotel, sipping a wee half..:lol:

http://www.isleofjura.com/home.aspx

Norrie

Agree with your choice of whisky,also a good one can be had just across the water at Mull.As for your choice of company it must be an aquired taste. :blush::yes::lol::lol:

ATB

Fielddweller

at the minute theres a bottle of jack sitting (impatiently)

If I'm honest, the vast range of scotches intimidates me, wouldn't have a clue where to start

I thought I was fairly well educated on these things........ turns out there's a whole world out there that I've not discovered.Must get a richer wife all sounds a little scarey and expensive

atb Jim

Penderyn a Welsh wonder at 46%vol. Now I want some cheese and biscuits!

I'm with you on that. I discovered Penderyn when I lived in Wales briefly. My ex took me to a trip to the distillery a couple of years ago for my birthday. They make it with a column (reflux) still, unlike the Scottish pot stills. But it is very very nice. You can get it in Tescos in London now.

Norrie

Agree with your choice of whisky,also a good one can be had just across the water at Mull.As for your choice of company it must be an aquired taste. :blush::lol::lol::lol:

ATB

Fielddweller

LOL, Yes I know, but I cant be driving the boat across the Sound after a few halfs, I'd end up in Skye... :lol: ...:-) I suppose the company is a bit of an aquired taste for some...., but once you get used to the wee foibles, manys a laugh has been had till the wee "sma" hours.....next month, I'll give it another try... :yes::lol: