Trapped Wind

wymberley

As said above , Zantac and Lanzoprozole the best of over the counter things . They reduce acid production in your stomach . Gaviscon is a good acid neutralizer which can work quickly . If it persists or the discomfort ( i guess in your chest ) gets bad or travels to throat or arm /s get to a and e . Sleeping with a few pillows can help if you get acid into your gullet at night and not eating late . As your doc says get back if it does not clear up for proper treatment .

Edited by vole

OK, guys, so far 4 nights with no sleep and now on 5th painful day. Been to the doc and yesterday, following his advise if anything changed, to the hospital - ECG, etc - all well, just really is a bad dose of indigestion. Anyone have any bright ideas on how to sort it?

Cheers,

Phil

I had similar symptoms, turned out my appendix had doubled in size and was ready to pop :blink:

OK, guys, so far 4 nights with no sleep and now on 5th painful day. Been to the doc and yesterday, following his advise if anything changed, to the hospital - ECG, etc - all well, just really is a bad dose of indigestion. Anyone have any bright ideas on how to sort it?

Cheers,

Phil

i went through a bad patch with what the doc thought was wind problems, i say thought because he said try these,

yes they seemed to ease my problem but it returned weeks later, waiting for xray appoint now.

but any way here are the details of waht doc asked me to try

28 capsules omeprazole capsules gastro-resistant 20mg

these were perscription item, dont know if you can buy them over counter

regards

geoff

Edited by djgeoff

i went through a bad patch with what the doc thought was wind problems, i say thought because he said try these,

yes they seemed to ease my problem but it returned weeks later, waiting for xray appoint now.

but any way here are the details of waht doc asked me to try

28 capsules omeprazole capsules gastro-resistant 20mgthese were perscription item, dont know if you can buy them over counter

regards

geoff

I take these on prescription due to chronic reflux oesophagitis....It can be very painfull. These are only available on prescription but they are brilliant.

One of the biggest causes of Indigestion is not too much acid production but overweight, something which I also am so thats my new years resolution, which starts 1st December this year. I am determined to shed 3 stone by 1st April through better diet, and more exercise.

Shingles is no laughing matter in the adult i had it a few years back and i could have pulled all my hair out it was so painfull. Rest assured there is no truth in the rumour that if the rash around your middle ( if you have one) joins up you will be a gonner :lol: