Lent

Doc Holliday

I'm almost surprised that no one has posted a topic on Lent and what, if anything, people intend to forego for the duration. Personally, and primarily, I'm giving up alcohol in all its guises.

Secondly I'm kicking cigars to boot, mainly because I've found myself smoking them more and more often and purely for the sake of it. My wine merchant (seems dubious but he's the only one has a decent stock of decent cigars in stock) has also had trouble getting my favourite cigar in of late (Cohiba Siglo No.1) and have found myself trying others out of curiousity but haven't really enjoyed them.

Lastly I'm giving up chewing gum as I have chewing the darned stuff for way too long, and some of the stuff the stick in there is pretty toxic so I'm sue that can't be doing me much good over the longer term. Not to mention the wind I seem to get with it :blush:

At the end of Lent I'll only be looking to partake in one of the above and in a bit more (or rather less) moderation.

Over to you,

Doc.

I'm almost surprised that no one has posted a topic on Lent and what, if anything, people intend to forego for the duration. Personally, and primarily, I'm giving up alcohol in all its guises.

Secondly I'm kicking cigars to boot, mainly because I've found myself smoking them more and more often and purely for the sake of it. My wine merchant (seems dubious but he's the only one has a decent stock of decent cigars in stock) has also had trouble getting my favourite cigar in of late (Cohiba Siglo No.1) and have found myself trying others out of curiousity but haven't really enjoyed them.

Lastly I'm giving up chewing gum as I have chewing the darned stuff for way too long, and some of the stuff the stick in there is pretty toxic so I'm sue that can't be doing me much good over the longer term. Not to mention the wind I seem to get with it :blush:

At the end of Lent I'll only be looking to partake in one of the above and in a bit more (or rather less) moderation.

Over to you,

Doc.

The will to live,

A: caused by the sheer frustration of waiting for my FEO to make contact again

B: Reading all the bickering and one upmanship posted both here and other forums

nothing, i don't practice any religion after going to a catholic school and having it rammed down my throat :blush: .

my mother goes to church every sunday and i think each to their own and whatever makes them happy :good:

Its gay sex Im sick of having rammed down my throat........... :no:

I'm going to give up outdated religious superstitions

When did you take them up ?

Nothing, happy as i am and not religious. I don't believe in fairy story's. :no:

Really, after looking at your avatar, I assumed you believed in Thomas the Tank engine :lol: