Girlfriend won't have guns in the house.

Kidney505

I'd always been into shooting but, for all sorts of reasons, I didn't have any guns at the time that I met my present wife.

When I mentioned guns she said that she wouldn't live in a house with guns.

As it turns out, she does creative writing and one day she asked me what it was like to shoot a gun.

I told her that it's not quite that simple and asked her what kind of gun.

She then told me that she was writing a story that involved a murder plot and she wanted her references to guns and any shooting to be authentic. :blink:

Anyway, I told her that there's only one way to find out. As it happened a large building where I worked was vacant pending demolition so I asked the owner if I use it as an air rifle range. He said to go ahead.

A chap I worked with was into guns so between us things took shape. I bought a Co2 pistol and set up some cans. As soon as she started hitting the cans she said "Oooh, this is great fun, isn't it"?

We quickly moved on to getting break barrel air rifles followed by PCP's. She love shooting things, specially old telly's.

Then I decided to regain my SGC/FAC.

She said OK so long as I didn't go mad and shoot her. I reassurred her by saying "I'm not wasting the cost of a cartridge, I'll do yer with me bare hands"!! That put things in perspective for her.

The first time I took her clay shooting she said the magic words "Mmm, don't the cartridges smell nice when they're fired"! I knew she was hooked.

Since then she's whacked a Bunny behind the eye at 40yds, skinned, gutted, cooked and eaten it herself. She understands that it's free range, low fat, chemical free.

Take her to a game/country show or clay pigeon shoot so she can see how many families, especially women and children, are involved in shooting sports of all kinds.

An ounce of education is worth a ton of persuasion. :good:

One serious point is that an FEO will often ask those living in the same property how they feel about guns being in the house.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am lucky as it was my partner who got my into guns and shooting as her friend took my out on night and I was hooked.

Use my arguement that I use for fishing and shooting...Where would you rather me be....in the house getting under your feet while you try and watch the soaps?? in the pub getting drunk and spending £50 or in the fresh air, walking and exercise and enjoying myself??????? :good:

my fishing gear on the other hand was a different matter as she wanted it all in the shed and no bait at all in the house....that soon changed when I explained that if its kept in the shed it could get stolen and the noise when I go to the shed and then through the house at 4am to go out could wake the little one up...so I SLOWLY moved nearly all of it into the house...working on the maggots and deadbaits in the fridge but there is time yet

Edited by leeds chimp

Crikey after reading this i now see what a good un i must have, my mrs has no issues with guns/cartridges being in the house and pays no attention when they are layed out on the kitchen table for cleaning etc. I am sure you as a certificate holder are more than aware of the laws and safety issues involved, so tell her to get over it as the guns are coming whether she does or not :lol:

(easy to say on the keyboard , more difficult if it was me telling my mrs :lol: :lol: )

I have just been through all of this recently regarding a few things with my GF

She didn't want me shooting let alone have my guns.

She didn't want me having a motorbike.

There were a few things she didn't want me doing so we had a blazing row. Now I never rowed with a GF before I never found the need to they were either short lived relationships or She knew and accepted me and my interests.

Over the course of the initial talk She brought up My Son as an instrument of her argument and that was it. :no:

I let fly both barrels if you please :lol: she was told that she understood who I was at the beginning and what I did. She knew I went shooting and had guns went fishing etc but wanted me to stop the whole lot.

I said " How DARE you try to change me! I am NOT going to pretend or even try to lie to myself to please a Woman not even you! If you don't like it then you can sod off."

Now I go rat shooting once a month "it's all I have since losing my permissions to bankruptcy and compulsory purchase".

I go Fishing

I was also given a scooter to restore "am 70% done" and plan using it to commute to work when it's done. Oh and I don't get grief now either but YES I am still going out with her :good:

I've heard the 'won't have guns in the house' argument mentioned by a couple of mates when they're moaning their wife/GF doesn't like guns and shooting.

Basically it's about trust and understanding. If she's adamant, she neither trusts nor understands you. Think seriously about the future.

Man Up F.F.S.

Who's gonna be wearing the trousers....You or yer G/F?

Let Her Dictate on this one and you've had it...

The only bargaining tool she has is between her legs...Just depends on how much you want it.

lol :lol:

to quote Charles Bukowski.

“All right. Keep your pussy. It’s not that great anyway.” :lol: :lol: :lol:

The question I ask my mates if they are haveing relationship trouble is

Do you go out drinking together.

90% of people in poor relationships don't go out together as they end up arguing after a few. I know, been there a few times.

You know your with the right girl when you pretty much do everything together and you miss her when she's not with you. Mine loves shooting so I'm happy. The question is really.

Do you go and get ****** with your over sensative girlfriend.