whats the law

hi iv been shooting 2day over some rape,but the birds are feeding on the field behind a tescos near me,if i was going to shoot there the back of my hide will about 20yrds from a tescos car park,will this be breaking the law?? as its not like im shooting over the cars,but the loud bangs might get the police called,what do you all think??

thanx mathew

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi iv been shooting 2day over some rape,but the birds are feeding on the field behind a tescos near me,if i was going to shoot there the back of my hide will about 20yrds from a tescos car park,will this be breaking the law?? as its not like im shooting over the cars,but the loud bangs might get the police called,what do you all think??

thanx mathew

personaly i think its a bad idea and just not worth the hassle

Probably legal but a public relations disaster.

I wonder if it could constitute a breach of the peace or some other excuse to move you on. Can you imagine all the hoo ha as veggies and antis come to buy their plastic packaged factory processed ready meals.

Edited by dadioles

Is this a joke post....????.......20 yards from Tescos car park, you've got to be kidding, I can imagine the scene, dropping birds amongst the trolleys, chasing the runners into the fresh food aisle.... :hmm:

They say there's no such thing as a dumb question, well we get plenty on this forum, this is the best one so far in June. :yes:

Cat.

Why would anyone with an ounce of commonsense ask such a dumb question? You must surely know the answer. If it is legal - so what. It will cause trouble - full stop. It is certain to bring the sport in to disrepute. Why do it?

but the loud bangs might get the police called
Well I'm astonished. Shock, horror. Just how did "might" appear in that sentence? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Part of shooting for me is to get out in the country side. I wouldn't really care how many birds fed in a field right next to a tescos or a built up area. I just wouldn't feel right having to look over my shoulder at people wondering if you are the next mad man about to unleash an array of shot into them at any given moment.

Another reason is Wouldn't like people to know I have a gun and as someone already posted there would be some other loophole that the police could move you on your way. The less you involve the police in your affairs the better as I'm sure you could end up with a big red flag come the time you need to renew your license.

I think having a successful sgc or fac all boils down to common sense and being discreet using them. And I don't think shooting 20 yards from your local tescos would fall into both of them categories as legal as it may be.

It's your call mate but I have to agree with everyone else. It just isn't worth the hassel.

Bit surprised the question needed to be asked really.

But just possibly all may not be lost?,Has your permission similar fields further away, and the pigeons are just favouring the Tesco end?

The reason I ask is you could put up a few home made scarecrows, even white plastic bags may do. to keep the pigeons off the Tesco field end, and hope they will decoy onto the other permission fields a sensible distance from the shoppers?

I can remember a similar situation on a really massive field, crow bashing a few years ago. They were favouring the far end of the field, and quite near to a Trading Estate. Well with white bags staked out,and my Landy left in the open down the far end, I enjoyed a reasonable days decoying, furthest away from the Trading Estate some 300 yards away..

But is it worth it springs to mind.

If you are likely to upset Joe Public, and quite likely be talking with some helicopter SWAT chaps?.

Common sense need to be applied me thinks. Best wishes to all.

we supposedly encourage people to ask questions no matter how daft they may seem and when someone does, they get lambasted and ridiculed. a great encouraging response for any newcomers.

I think this forum is great but there are some self righteous holier than thou types who perhaps might benefit from engaging brain before opening gob and I'm not referring to the original poster.

we supposedly encourage people to ask questions no matter how daft they may seem and when someone does, they get lambasted and ridiculed. a great encouraging response for any newcomers.

I think this forum is great but there are some self righteous holier than thou types who perhaps might benefit from engaging brain before opening gob and I'm not referring to the original poster.

couldnt agree more.

Also being a newbie to the world of shooting, I am pretty sure I have asked some questions which appear very silly to the more experienced shooter out there. But at least I asked, and in this instance at least by asking first and not going headed with hide location it has stopped any incident occurring which would yet again put a dark shadow around the shooting world.

There's no such thing as a silly question, only the silly person who does not ask it.

Is this a joke post....????.......20 yards from Tescos car park, you've got to be kidding, I can imagine the scene, dropping birds amongst the trolleys, chasing the runners into the fresh food aisle.... :hmm:

They say there's no such thing as a dumb question, well we get plenty on this forum, this is the best one so far in June. :yes:

Cat.

A PW classic.

If you want a guaranteed visit from an armed response unit, carry on; or you could try bagging off the field to deter the birds.

webber

Edited by webber

couldnt agree more.

Also being a newbie to the world of shooting, I am pretty sure I have asked some questions which appear very silly to the more experienced shooter out there. But at least I asked, and in this instance at least by asking first and not going headed with hide location it has stopped any incident occurring which would yet again put a dark shadow around the shooting world.

There's no such thing as a silly question, only the silly person who does not ask it.

Well, in that case, could somebody tell me if it's OK to shoot the pidgins in Trafalgar Square, after all, they're just Vermin..??, are plaswads ok, or can I use fibre....?? :lol:

Cat.

P.S - This is a sereeous question, don't flame me, as I'm a Newbie to Inner City shooting :yes:

Well, in that case, could somebody tell me if it's OK to shoot the pidgins in Trafalgar Square, after all, they're just Vermin..??, are plaswads ok, or can I use fibre....?? :lol:

Cat.

P.S - This is a sereeous question, don't flame me, as I'm a Newbie to Inner City shooting :yes:

Yep just crack on you'll be fine. I recommend a hide made from McDonald's boxes and copies of the big issue. Your rotary can usefully be replaced by a Japanese tourist holding a box of noodles in each outstretched arm.

Yep just crack on you'll be fine. I recommend a hide made from McDonald's boxes and copies of the big issue. Your rotary can usefully be replaced by a Japanese tourist holding a box of noodles in each outstretched arm.

This thread is getting better

couldnt agree more.

I took your advice not wanting to be a silly person and asked the wife if I could sh4g the fit neighbour, but she said that was a silly question and now I don't know what to do :unsure:

Edited by Cosd

I took your advice not wanting to be a silly person and asked the wife if I could sh4g the fit neighbour, but she said that was a silly question and now I don't know what to do :unsure:

Maybe because the fit neighbour was a bloke, ask next door the other way she is FIT

Have noted Posts 13 & 15. However, much can be taught/learned but unlike on a range, in the field, shooting discipline is self generated. As such, a modicum of basic common sense is implied which appears to be lacking in this instance. Consequently, see another thread on this sub-forum; "The Image of Shooters".

thanx all,i know that it was a stupid question,but i thought thats what this forum is for to help people with the problems they have and as the farmer has asked me to shoot here as his rape has been hammered near the tesco car park,i know its not worth the hassle but all i wanted to know what the law was,iam sensible with my gun thats why yesterday i set my hide up 2 fields away under one of many flight line to the tesco field,but the birds were still feeding in the field