How often do you shoot a week

Dougy

77 members have voted

1. 1. how often do we get out

While i am having my din dins on nights i was thinking :blink:

It seems that there is allot of advice coming from people who seem to be on here 24/7, Now OK i understand that some folk are getting a bit long in the tooth,me included and have a fair bit of "experience" (not me) and some have obviously done it all.

But how many of us actually get out and use there equipment so to speak ???

Me with my 4 nights at work manage about 2 a week if not 3 when i am lucky :yp:

Edited by Dougy

I assume all shooting counts, including clays? I try to get out for a couple of sessions on the rabbits and a trip with the shotgun after something living or not. This week I have done 3 trips out and intend to go out for an hour tomorrow night.

I fully admit to being a fair weather shooter, I don't like getting ******* wet through!

I like to take one of my guns for a walk as often as possible, usually just avout every day (Weather permitting) Most of my permissions are very local to me and I have very little time for the garbage that is on telly nowadays so I find I am "healthier and happier" to go for a walk rarher than getting square eyes watching something that I am not the slightest bit interested in. Even if i don't bother taking a shot there is always a chance that I might learn something new by just watching the wild life around me! My wife accepts this and is happy with the way I like to live my life outdoors, (She would much rather have that than me going down to the pub) so much so that if it is reasonably fine weather on an evening and I don't decide to go out she will often ask if there is something wrong or if I am not feeling well!

i am out at least every other day dependant on what shift i am on when i am on nights i am out every mornin before bed and when i am on 2 till 10 i usually out lamping after work and when i am on 6 till 2 i go out for a few hours before i pick my son up from school i am lucky enough for my permission to be 2 mins away :yes:

I think mine averages out at about two days per week. When work is busy I don't get out much but when I have time I'm out most days.

I spend loads of time on here. Far more than I do actually shooting! When I get in from work (which is generally quite physical) the last thing I want to do is go hiking around the countryside, I just need to sit down! This is my relaxing place as I don't really like much of the stuff on TV these days so I spend hours here. :yes:

Generally if I don't have much work on that's when I'm not here. Because I'm doing something eay around the house and then out shooting in the evenings.

Edit... Around lambing time is the only exception. Then I'm at work and out shooting most days. People gardens are just taking off and the foxes are causing issues. Some weeks I barely stop at all but luckily we're over that now!

Edited by njc110381

I try and do at least one evening and one early morning either in highseat or stalking,some times more, lovely to be about at these times of day, see loads of wildlife you wouldnt normally see.The rifle still sees more action zeroing than live targets,when the wheats cut will have a good few days on the woodies.Having to check my business emails in the evening I usually slip on to here to wind everyone up.

I just go out whenever my pals are goin at the minute. I've seen us out every night of the week when the sheep are lambing but I said 2 as an average coz we also sea fish, fly fish, ferret and maybe run the lurchers at the rabbits well away from the sheep grounds and fox shoot.

Sometimes it's not about the shooting. It's just great to get out but if Charlie makes an appearance then Ethel Or myrtle (we name the guns) are always there.

There's nothing worse than Charlie presenting themselves 50 yards away and you not being able to do anything about it.

It's good

Not enough!

At the moment with my full-time work, freelance jobs, young kids, part-time degree, and summer sea fishing to fit in, I only get out once a week. When the autumn comes I'll be out at least twice a week, once for pigeons and once for bunnies and maybe the odd lamping trip with night vision.

every day i will fire a few rounds off, like this week ive used a box of 17 over 125 .22s and a good few .243s and get 4 cubs to show for them

but as a keeepr i will take a gun every time i leave the rearing field we have a few birds out and it only takes one fox/cat/god knows what to show up when you havent got a gun. on and ile be out at 4-5am almost every morn and lampnig 3 nights a week

I try to shoot pigeons at least once a week, hopefully twice. This is coming to a busy shooting period of the year for me. Harvest means more pigeons and rabbits/foxes to kill. Also from Sept 1st i normally have around 3 outings a week after ducks and geese.