what to get farmer to say thanx

beesley121

Hi guys,

I have a bit of land that I have permission on which i only down the road from me. ive had it for over 10 years and its great.

i thinking of buying something for the farmer and his wife to say thaks as if it wasnt for them, i wouldnt have anywhere to shoot

any ideas what i can give to them??

I give a bottle of Whisky at each Farm and avoid anything too over the top, so as not to create any embarrassment.

At one Farm where I have shot for years, I also give the Farmers wife a tin of Quality Street.

Just because the Farm Shop sells drink, it doesn't mean the Farmer wouldn't appreciate a free bottle.

I have got my farmers a crate of real ale each. 'Classic Ales of England' from most supermarkets for about £15.

Not everyone likes whisky but most don't mind a nice glass of beer or two at Christmas, and it always seems to go down well without being too over the top.

Apart from the one who's going in for a new knee shortly, might get him some paracetamol :oops::lol:

I have got my farmers a crate of real ale each. 'Classic Ales of England' from most supermarkets for about £15.

Not everyone likes whisky but most don't mind a nice glass of beer or two at Christmas, and it always seems to go down well without being too over the top.

Apart from the one who's going in for a new knee shortly, might get him some paracetamol :oops::lol:

Yes I got mine the same , thought it made a nice change from the bottle of spirit I have given him the last 10 years or so !

My wife loves it when the pigeon shooting guys drop her a bottle of white wine off at the house. (particularly the bubbly stuff)

Doesn't have to cost much, but it's the thought and appreciation that means the most.

And if the wifes happy, I'm happy....

Enough said.

I give a bottle of Whisky at each Farm and avoid anything too over the top, so as not to create any embarrassment.

At one Farm where I have shot for years, I also give the Farmers wife a tin of Quality Street.

Just because the Farm Shop sells drink, it doesn't mean the Farmer wouldn't appreciate a free bottle.

and they dont always drink what they sell. Ive the same thing, that they sell booze, but still but them a very good bottle of vino.

Hmm I'm feeling a bit mean now :blush:

I've bought my landowner (and my cousin who got me his permission) a half bottle of 10yr old Glenmorangie

as that's what I could afford having not been able to work regularly this past year, I haven't shot there anywhere as much as I'd hoped.

Had better get meself off round the shops now fer some choccies to go with it.

Edited by TaxiDriver