...just watched the Police attacked by dog

huntsman

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truly pathetic performance by the police. If that`s the best that three male coppers can manage under those circumstances it is small wonder that we no longer see the police on the streets any more.

I hope that the two spineless coppers who failed to assist their comrade were suitably disciplined.

The police were completely useless in this matter. I'm sure you will all say that it's different when you're actually there etc but why did they stand round watching?

If anyone, never mind friends/colleagues is being attacked by a dog, you do not stand watching, you get in and help!

Even without their batons, CS spray etc they could injure it and slow it down, and the more of them attacking the dog at once the more effective it will be.

The dog was just doing what it was bred and trained to do, it wasn't even attacking them properly - if it was, they'd be dead.

I'm sure that if you shot the dog in question while this was happening, I think the police would be rather glad for saving their lives, and would not give you any problems over it (though they would claim it was a 'police marksman' that did it, not a civilian).

If that happened where I was, I would have no hesitation in getting out a gun and shooting the dog, my only concern would be the time taken to unlock the gun and load it.

My initial response may have been a bit harsh.

The officers may in fact have been conducting a dynamic risk assessment whilst waiting for verification from their Diversity Lesbian that there were no issues of racial or trans gender harassment before gassing the dog and beating it unconscious with their batons.

Rather than being disciplined for being cowards I do hope that all the officers concerned are receiving counseling to minimise the months off work to which they are probably entitled in order to combat the PTSD.

Their claims for thousands of pounds in compo are probably winging their way to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board even as we speak.

Of course they would all be accused of animal cruelty if they fought back.

This just goes to show that police recruitment is more centred around whether the candidate satisfies a diversity quota rather than if they've got the common sense to kick a dog in the head if it's attacking their mate.

At least we know they can investigate a homophobic slur and provide support through their LGBT network.

If the dog was black they would have smashed it.

Edited by Tug

Oh my god! That's terrible! I'm having mixed feelings about this though, part of me feels for the copper who the dog was latched onto and another part of me can't understand why they didn't get it sorted more quickly. I couldn't stand and watch that and the guy being bitten was in as good a position so sort it as anyone.

If a dog bites your arm you use it to your advantage. Push across and down on it to make it side step - you'll most likely be able to force it to fall over sideways. If your other arm is still functioning then grabbing it's far front leg from underneat it really helps. Once it's lead on it's side you fall to your knees on it's ribs. That in an ideal world results in broken ribs, punctured lungs and a dog that's in no fit shape to fight. It will most likely kill it. At the very least you force it into a position of submission where it doesn't have the dexterity to get up even if it wants to so the only damage it can do is to what it already has hold of.

I play fight with every large dog I know and use this tactic (well the first bit at least). I haven't found a dog yet that I can't bowl over like a small child and pin it down. I simply make it a fun game and hold it rather than fall on it but the basic skill of getting it over and on the floor is now second nature. I've done it to Boxers, Alsations, Dobermans, Labs - all sorts. If I was in pain I think it would be my natural reaction because I know it works. Trying to back away will never solve anything.

Perhaps it helps that I've always reacted well to bad situations? I don't know why but I don't get all crazy when things go wrong. If something hurts me I'll sort it, if you leap out from behind something and surprise me I'll grab you rather than jump? I have no idea why I react that way but it's got me out of some horrible situations in the past! :look:

The officers may in fact have been conducting a dynamic risk assessment whilst waiting for verification from their Diversity Lesbian that there were no issues of racial or trans gender harassment before gassing the dog and beating it unconscious with their batons.

Rather than being disciplined for being cowards I do hope that all the officers concerned are receiving counseling to minimise the months off work to which they are probably entitled in order to combat the PTSD.

Their claims for thousands of pounds in compo are probably winging their way to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board even as we speak.

Sadly, this is perhaps fairly close to the truth in many ways.

Having had a few near misses with dogs in my job (fire service) if that happened to me and my crew jumped up on a wall like that big girls blouse! they would hope the dog had got them by the time i had finished with them! for **** sake they have pepper spray, batons surely their 1st instinct should have been to help their mate! they should hang their head in shame that it took a firearms officer to come to their mates rescue! disgrace!!