Happy St George's Day

Fatcatsplat

Get the red roses on chaps and let's celebrate England tomorrow. Warm beer, fish and chips, pork pies, pickled onions and all the other loveliness you can conjur up!!!

For everyone that moans about it not being celebrated, get out there and start singing Jerusalem and making jam!

Tomorrow, mine will be a pint, followed by a steak and kidney pudding and more pints followed by an array of drinks from countries that we have owned, invaded or inconvenienced in the past, followed by some low level civilized (and obviously modest) banter regarding our industry and sporting prowess

p.s.

1) I know he's not really English, but neither's God or Santa!!

2) This is not an excuse for all the usual suspects to post yet another pointless a) send them all back or B) I'm emigrating 'cos this country's had it thread!!

Good stuff!

I may well take the time to walk around the science museum and marvel at all the stuff that we've invented and given to the rest of the world, or the British museum so that I can paruse all the stuff we've chored whilst attempting to bring civilisation to the globe but I should imagine I will in fact go to the Imperial war museum to gloat over all the folk that we've duffed up over the years.

In reality I will be at work but I shall dedicate the first pile we sink to St George.

For the past 13 years I have been blissfully unware of the date of my wedding anniversary,

Mrs TD informed me that is in fact today St Georges day and that we've been married 13 years,

I said "Blimey I must be due a medal by now"

"What for ?" she asked

"About 12 years, 6 months and 2 weeks" I replied :yes:

And,

As I told her, "George may have his day, but it's me who really got the dragon" :lol: :lol:

Edited by TaxiDriver

For the past 13 years I have been blissfully unware of the date of my wedding anniversary,

Mrs TD informed me that is in fact today St Georges day and that we've been married 13 years,

"What for ?" she asked

Get your coat. :lol:

I usually celebrate it in Catalonia as its also ST JORDI the patron saint of Catalonia but this year its the day before my 25th anniversary so I have three LARGE fore rib steaks seasoned up and in the fridge for Tuesday but my daughter won a bottle of Cava Rosada

and a quality jar of Horseradish and also one of Mustard at the terrier show in Kirkcaldy on Sunday, so enjoy your day today lads I'll raise a glass to you all later I'm looking forward till to morrow. :good:

"What for ?" she asked

And,

As I told her, "George may have his day, but it's me who really got the dragon" :lol: :lol:

Don't forget to tell your lady that she has been a great help in the problems you did not have, before you were married :lol::lol::lol: 33 years I've clocked up, and don't regret 1 minute :good: .