Is rooney finished in an england shirt

ade wills

Post shooting moan ! Having just watched the match i think hodgson bottled it rooney should have come off at half time along with ashley young ,both were absolutley dire ,yet again rooney has failed to prove himself as a great player looks to me as though his legs have gone! ( i'm convinced pressure is put on managers to play players by the FA who are gonna sell more england tops with certain players names on )

Post shooting moan ! Having just watched the match i think hodgson bottled it rooney should have come off at half time along with ashley young ,both were absolutley dire ,yet again rooney has failed to prove himself as a great player looks to me as though his legs have gone! ( i'm convinced pressure is put on managers to play players by the FA who are gonna sell more england tops with certain players names on )

Who in the team actually played well when the stats show we had 30% possession?

Stop looking for a scapegoat and an excuse. The whole teams' performance was poor, simple as that.

Edited by Cosd

I think that to say the whole team was dire is an exaggeration.

Terry was very good, he certainly has a Lion's heart, Joe Hart was competent although he was never really called upon to do a great deal, but did not impress with his penalty saving ability. Carroll did what I believe he was asked to do, win balls and knock them down for Rooney, who as you rightly said was dire, unfit, overweight, lethargic, brainless (which we all know), and clueless when he actually got the ball under control (which was rarely), I do not think he played off a decent ball once.

We can not be a footballing nation that relies on one striker or a one man band, but we do have a history of doing it.

I thought that Balotella?(spelling?) was outstanding, always dangerous, made a number of mistakes but could so easily have had a bagful but for Terry's marking.

No simply no. He is Englands best striker, yes he had a bad game but who didn't apart from terry.

Every time he had the ball at his feet he was surrounded by three Italians so it was always going to be difficult for him.

I think Roy should have started Defoe and then brought Rooney on later in the game.

Rooney, Milner and Young need swapping out - not fit and just not good enough.

The worst of it is, there were some great young players sitting on the bench and ready to go.

But yes, Rooney and Carrol up front? Back to the old days.... <sighs>. You only role out Carrol when playing the big Eastern Euro teams and then put him back in his box.

England's defence though and the new discipline is working well - if the Italiens couldn't get one past us in a couple of hours play then we are a hard to beat team. We just need a Ronaldo up front to be World class.

Not great but the best England team I've seen play in about a decade.....

not having a crack but i think rooney is the most over rated over paid footballer in the world,he,s not fit enough to do messi,s/ronaldos boots up, and to say its his only second game in this event he looked knackered last night. i think this new manager needs to have a good look at his side and draft in a few new players especially strikers :good:

You can't criticise the forwards when they had no service at all.

England played far too deep, Gerrard and Parker ran their socks off defending.

"Donkey" Milner and "Ooops, I have fallen over again" Young shouldn't have been playing, when Woolcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain were on the bench.

Back to the drawing board Roy and your first job is to find someone who can link defence and attack, or we will be left just knocking long balls up to Carrol.

You can't criticise the forwards when they had no service at all.

Got to agree with that. Young is a class player. Walcott is more often than not p1sh. And Andy carrol is poop as well! Rooney is still one of the top players in the world. I don't see how you can moan at him when most of the team played bad.

Pirlo could teach cole how to take a penalty though :lol:

Wymberley....best warn to Mrs to stock up on DVD's etc...Wimbledon now (and no, not the Wombles who I'd rather watch) and then -gawd help us all - Olympics.

Looks like the TV could be a bit pooh for an extended period if you're not looking forward to either of these. :no:

England as a nation rely too heavily on foreign talent in the premiership so there are very few top flight English players playing regularly.

As for Rooney, when I saw him in sports direct the other week it looked like he'd been on the Greggs diet :lol: .

Edited by Wriggler

I wouldnt give Rooney the kit mans job ,let alone let him play for england . Italy didn't beat us we beat ourselves . The premier league is the best league in the world ,why ? because of all the foreigners playing in it . The best and most consistant player in the three lions shirt is Asley cole .

Harnser .

Ashley Young - brainless and like a startled rabbit caught in the headlights.

James Milner - how did he ever get in? I keep hearing he is good at defending, but defence isn't our problem.

Wayne Rooney. If he is fit enough to trouble international opposition, I will plait sawdust. He justs runs around getting angry.

Scott Parker - past his sell by date.

The rest are okay.