bear or ray

compo90

choose one  

105 members have voted

1. 1. which would you rather be stranded with

• bear grylls
    • ray mears
    • Miranda Hart

In a combat zone Bear Grylls, but otherwise Ray everytime. Oh but stranded on a desert island then Miranda, as rough as she is, man cannot live on bread alone :whistling::lol:

i actually quiet like miranda she is like a larger slightly plainer version of my wife......and i am sure if the worst came to the worst she would taste better to eat than either of the other two :lol:

It's got to be Ray Mears he is very good at lighting fires and cooking up something from very little. He whittles wood into stuff to make camp life comfy.Bear would have you sucking pond water through his gammy sock :no:

Pheasant feeder after being stranded with those three and no razors or girly beauty stuff, Bear would look more feminine than Miranda :lol:

Figgy

Edited by figgy

Ray's the man, not only because of his skills but also he's a genuinely nice, funny, down-to-earth guy. I would rather have a beer in the pub with Ray, as well as spend a few days 'surviving' with him. I've got nothing against Bear really, but I think he's a different, er, animal.

Also, were it not for the pathologically slavish SAS-worship certain types of people seem prone to, Bear Grylls probably wouldn't be anything like so popular.

i actually quiet like miranda she is like a larger slightly plainer version of my wife......and i am sure if the worst came to the worst she would taste better to eat than either of the other two :lol:

I quite like Ray. He's a smaller, slightly prettier version of my wife.

I'm sure she'll be pleased to learn that :lol:

I quite like Ray. He's a smaller, slightly prettier version of my wife.

Ditto.

I voted for Bear. Ray is without doubt the Daddy where survival techniques go but let's face it, it would be like spending time with the boring neighbours and watching a slide show of their latest caravaning holiday. I went to one of Ray's shows and it was like that. Sorry Ray, you are good but Bear would make me laugh.

Miranda Hart? She does my head in. And she's probably got a bigger Johnson than me anyway. Or any of you for that matter.

Neither , Ranulph Fiennes.

Been there,seen it, done it,cut the bits off that didn't work afterwards.

also one of the most prolific charity fundraisers in the country as well.

the wife met him for a documentary interview a couple of months ago , and said he is a very nice , down to earth bloke.

Would love to just sit down with a brew and discuss his travels.

Neither , Ranulph Fiennes.

Been there,seen it, done it,cut the bits off that didn't work afterwards.

also one of the most prolific charity fundraisers in the country as well.

the wife met him for a documentary interview a couple of months ago , and said he is a very nice , down to earth bloke.

Would love to just sit down with a brew and discuss his travels.

Have a read of his autobiography called "Mad Bad and Dangerous to Know" a great read and one of my heros.

a mate of mine once met ray mears when he worked on a estate in aviemore , ray came up for filming a new programme and wanted to do a bit stalking while there .

the estate stalker took him out, they were away hours longer than they should have as he was that unfit he couldnt keep up .

next day he noticed my mate had a knife on his belt and asked him what he used it for just general stuff he replied to which ray told him he should sign up for his knife course ,

pretending to interested my mate says how long is it a couple of hours , no says ray 2 days and £130 .... er no !

later that day decides to show his knif skills and slashes his hand a absolute belter .

so im gonna go with bear.

has to be bear for me if i was lost out in the wilds i would want to get out asap and bear is the man for the job where as with ray you would get out its just a matter of how many months it would take just to slow and boring for me .

bear for me...ray cant get through a progamme without trying to rub sticks together to start a fire..we know he can do it... he reminds me of those annoying scouts who have badges for everything but are a complete waste of time...personally i would rather be stuck in the middle of nowhere with chris ryan....

mikky

Edited by mikky