265 members have voted

1. 1. Is this new format a load of ********

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, to view the 'new content', click the 'new content' button at the top of the screen. It then brings a page up, and on the left hand side there are some options, such as content type (forums, members or calender). Below that you have 'content I have not read', 'new since my last visit', 'within 24 hours' and so on. Select what suits you (the old forum format worked on 'new since my last visit', I suggest you click that and try from there.

When you click on a topic in the 'new content' list, if you've already read part of the thread you click the button above the first post saying 'view first unread' or something to that effect.

With things being in grey, and generally different, it takes a bit of getting used to. I wish it showed the unread content when you load a topic up automatically like the old format did - maybe I'm just too lazy!

When you get used to it all it's a bit easier. No doubt more difficulties will arise, and be overcome. I suspect that a few tweaks can/will be done at some point (new background colour that's a bit easier on sensitive eyes? Hint Hint...!).

The "unread content" doesn't appear to *always* work. This may correct itself as time goes by since *newly* created threads seem to work correctly.

There is no "view first unread post" button on the *mobile* site. It may be that we are finding things better or not depending upon whether we habitually use the *full* site or not. (I generally use the mobile version.)

Regards,

Mark.

Edited by ChAoS

Upgrades are needed for various security and maintenance reasons. Another site I am on that didn't update, got hacked and was offline for nearly 2 weeks. The site was severely compromised and lots of data was then accessible by the culprits responsible. This was also on a forum you pay to be a member... Unlike PigeonWatch which is currently free! Think about your views, topics and threads...coupled with whatever information you give via PM (address, phone numbers etc,) do you really want that to be made available to a squad of anti hackers (most data is secure but not all)?!?

People fear change...but it is a necessity. Teal and the team have said it will be an ongoing update in terms of format etc.. Just get used to it for the time being. There will be quirks and maybe some little bits we'll never see again... But I have confidence in the great team above :) (that also have day jobs and don't get paid for this... because as a majority, we do not pay a penny)

Edited by huffhuff

Alls fine with me, cannot see what all the moanings about. :good:

Same here. It was a bit of a shock when I first saw it but really don't see what all the moaning is about.

Don't understand the "show new posts" issues either cos they work fine for me too.

Carry on. :)

I've worked out how to get the View New Content option working properly, I hadn't noticed the filter buttons on the left.

Works fine now. I'm trying to work out the symbols for new content v new content on a thread on which I've posted, is it something to do with the star?

Shame about not having multiple-page nav on the Mobile IP board, my vote would be to have that back if it can be an option chosen by the admins.

Thanks PW!

Dont like it at all I cannot use it on my work computer (MOD) as we still using very old software please revert back :sad1:

You should be working anyways :whistling::D

Everyone hated it near enough last time it was changed now near enough everyone loved it and wants it back . so everyone will get used to it in time im sure .

I have no problems with it :good:

And we'll have the same drivel when this one is updated in the future too. :yes:;):lol:

If i was paying x amount membership a month then i think that i would be justified to complain, however, since we may naff all for the privilege and many people put a lot of effort and their time into running and 'mod' ing the site for free, then who am i to complain. keep up the good work admin team and run the site as you see fit.. :good: