what's the dumbest thing you've ever heard?

Paddy Galore!

just lately my family have come out with some corkers,

just sold some gumpf on ebay and the chap has paid in scottish notes, my wife was up in arms when she saw the dosh, her words were," they're not worth as much as english pounds!"

Add to that my middle daughter went to scotland recently and took her passport "just in case"

Anyone else care to share a blonde moment?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of the girls on reception at work asked me if Scotland was in England..........cos thats where her mum was going on holiday...

and we told her that you get rubber from trees...not trees made of wood..but the trees were actually made of rubber....we even showed her a pic on google and she believed us...she is 22 yrs old....

mikky

Edited by mikky

When I worked in a bar during my student years, there were two people I was serving, the conversation went

Customer 1: hi can i have a coffee please

Me: Yes sure

Customer 1: do you do hot milk ?

Me: Yes

Customer 1: Brill thanks

Pays and leaves

Customer 2: Coffee please

Me: no probs

Customer 2: (having overheard previous request) umm what's the difference between hot milk and normal milk ?

Me: ??????

On a 2 day interview in small groups last week. Doing obstacle course features at various stages then we headed over to a lesson on knot tying. As we were handed 2' lengths of rope to try off around a scaffold pole 4' off the ground one of my group asked "do we need to put our helmets on for this?"

i worked in an electonics store that sold mobile phones whilst at college (late 90's), at the time Pay as you go was just being launched, one of the networks ran some adverts showing a phone with coins going in the side, anyway we had at least 3 people come in asking for 'one of those mobiles you put the cash in' :lol:

A girl I worked in a bar with had just received her pay slip. She studied it for a bit and then said "they've paid me for 7.5 hours and I've only worked seven and a half, but I'm not goin to tell them" I just walked out and burst out laughing, never corrected her just let her believe she got one up on them.

Managed to convince an ex from England that before coming to visit me in northern Ireland she would need her money to euros and a bring a euro plug converter. Daft bint.

Oh and a driving range is where you take your car to reverse round a track as fast you can.

Edited by paul87

When i worked at Sony, one of our guys known as Tractor Trev reckoned that we all shut our PCs down at the end of the day, the Sony Website also went down.. This was one of his minors ones. So many are too long to type.

Every Military base in the uk is connected by an underground tunnel

There is a UFO base at the bottom of Scammonden Dam ( I kid you not, there are people out there that do believe this!)

Edited by keg

Was in my local which is a pub restaurant type affair (but a proper mans bar I must add) where the new girl asked out loud in front of everybody 'is horseradish sauce made from real horses?'. The same girl turned up for work at 4pm because that's what she thought 1400 hours was, Lol. But the best was a mate who complained over a few beers one night about all these people claiming 'the sick' and there being nothing wrong with them, he then went on to announce that he was going to have a bit of that and go down the doctors to get a paper saying he was 'homophobic', we all looked at each other confused and said 'how's that gonna work?'. 'Well obviously it means I can't work because I'm affraid to leave the ******g house'. About 10 of us were crying with laughter and couldn't talk for about 10 mins, priceless!.

My missus is one of the dumbest people I know, lovely girl but not much going on upstairs.

I once told her I fancied going to IOM to see Douglas. She was quite irate and insisted I didn't know anyone on IOM, least of all someone called Douglas.

I keep myself amused by making up the most ridiculous tales, she always believes me. Usually goes off and tells her mates too. :D

I once asked my misses if she fancied going to edenburgh for the tattoo she said thats a long way to go for a tattoo can we not get one in bury. She also once told the tom-tom that we were stopping for fuel. Dumb as a stump but still managed to take half my house my dog and the car ummmm

I once asked my misses if she fancied going to edenburgh for the tattoo she said thats a long way to go for a tattoo can we not get one in bury. She also once told the tom-tom that we were stopping for fuel. Dumb as a stump but still managed to take half my house my dog and the car ummmm

Why would she only take half of the dog?