Midland game fair ??

rec-baller

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been today mate,not a bad show but .......... I think the largest earners will be the food stalls !!!! Im not sure about any bargins to be had but your looking at a possible 10% discount armed with cash,which to be fair,isnt to be sniffed at... For shotguns, Premier guns and avalon guns have some cracking affordable choices,enjoy your day bud.

Been got my bargains, entrace fee plus ,so happy, some muppet of a stall selling MORA knives for £25 & 35 they normally retail at 8 & 12 for the carbon heavy grip handle. I walked off in disgust. Got a reel for my beach casting for 25 cheapest on www was 37. And tripod rest for 12

Nosler bt 28 normally 30 h380 1.50 cheaper so stocked up on bullets and powder. Oh! And did a fair bit of toty spotting.so not a bad day really

I got a few bargains the gamebore stand were doing slabs of steel shot for £20 so bought four getting them back to the truck wasn't so much fun, bought a few other bits and pieces some bargains to be had but some places were really taking the **** my mate bought a Buttalo roe call for £22 from one place and the next stall wanted £35. Very enjoyable day on the whole.

I got a few bargains the gamebore stand were doing slabs of steel shot for £20 so bought four getting them back to the truck wasn't so much fun, bought a few other bits and pieces some bargains to be had but some places were really taking the **** my mate bought a Buttalo roe call for £22 from one place and the next stall wanted £35. Very enjoyable day on the whole.

But they are 28g 8s and 9s

What wildfowl you gonna shoot with those :hmm:

got the hump, took the dog to do the scurries but they were using these stupid bone shaped tennis ball material dummys. My dog didn't want to touch them. Had to take one and taunt him with it to get him intrested.

Whats wrong with sticking to the good old canvas, NOBS

PELTY

Edited by the pelt man

got the hump, took the dog to do the scurries but they were using these stupid bone shaped tennis ball material dummys. My dog didn't want to touch them. Had to take one and taunt him with it to get him intrested.

PELTY

You must have got there later than me mine are 4's and 5's using them for pigeons happy days

PELTY

Agree - my cocker pup had his first ever go and it didn't help them being weird dummies, not what he is used to.

You must have got there later than me mine are 4's and 5's using them for pigeons happy days

I got a slab of 32g #3's & 32g #4's :good: :good: :good::D :D :D

I got a slab of 32g #3's & 32g #4's :good: :good: :good::D :D :D

Fair play how early did you get there I was at the stall by 9:30 but there was no 32g ones there, I have been using the 32g 4's for the last eighteen months on the pigeons and they are spot on, went out with the 28g ones yesterday for a tester with the same result :good: .

There was a large gypsy element there this year . We saw them wandering around on Sunday in droves. My mate went on Saturday and two of them out of a large group were arguing at the ticket office that they weren't going to pay full price as they were only going to the cider tent . They ripped off there shirts and started shouting at the staff .

There was a large gypsy element there this year . We saw them wandering around on Sunday in droves. My mate went on Saturday and two of them out of a large group were arguing at the ticket office that they weren't going to pay full price as they were only going to the cider tent . They ripped off there shirts and started shouting at the staff .

I saw a lot of people there yeaterday who looked like they may have inhabited something more mobile than a house and didn't really fit in.

They weren't Gypsies they were Vermin, at least two shotguns stolen one rifle by slashing open Marquees on Friday night when there was NO security present.

My mates daughter had her handbag strap cut off her arm whilst she slept, bag stolen, cash and mobile taken, bag and credit cards thrown away and recovered at the back of the stands.

Talk to the Police. " There is nothing we can do to apprehend them. "

"But we can take your SGC off you if you get lippy or violent towards them, and we'll find something wrong with your car and do you for that whilst we are on."

Midland Game Fair R.i.P.