Razor blades are we being ripped off

fenboy

I cannot believe the price of razor blades , some of the gillete ones are now over £20 for eight , the wilkinson sword one I use are now about £15 , wht are they so bleeding expensive ????????

I reckon we are being ripped off , I am a good mind to grow a beard !!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a weirdy beardy too, nothing to full on as I keep it trim with hair clippers.

A bag of disposable twin blade things lasts a year, all i shave are the wispy bits over the cheeks and around the throat.

I'll never pay the rip off prices for the latest 10 blade (or whatever they're up to now) shaving system!!

I'm afraid you'll find it's not only the razor blades you get ripped off with,I honestly can't think of anything you will think you got for a fair price in the UK.Just on the razor thing,the same 8 blades are $20 here ,how much you paying for fizzy drinks ?diet coke $1.25 just over 80p for 2lt.Apair of good trainers $50 ,winchester AA cartridges $6.25.How about a large 14" 3 topping domino's pizza $7.99.It's true what the Americans say here,"how can you afford to live there"

Its usually cheaper to just buy a new razor with a few blades in the pack rather than buying replacements, I use a proper razor with the old double edged blades as they are dirt cheap for blades and do a great job, superdrug or boots usually sell them.

Edited by smokinggun

i use a double safety razor by mekur.

best thing i`ve ever bought. came with 200 blades, still got most of em.

The wife bought me a Edwin jaeger safety razor back in may and since then i havnt touched my old Mach3. I get a much better shave and the blades are very cheap. Cost me £5 for 35 blades! i also received a badger hair brush to apply my shaving cream. Ah luxury :good: Makes me realise what a rip off multi bladed razors are.