Angler scarred for life by a FOX when it bit his face while he lay asl

P~MX

Depends where they are I think. If there shot/Lamped often and how "urban" they are.

There was a child bit by one last year when it crept into there home in the daylight. Can't remember where it was.

I like the YouTube vid of the fox attacking the piglet in the pram.. Show it to all my "anti" girlfriend/family and friends when they tell me how cruel I am.

I have a bit of a problem with this story.

A/ It's in the Daily Mail so guaranteed to have been sensationalised!

B/ East Sussex and more so the Uckfield area is more farmland than urban sprawl, unlikely that this fox was 'urbanised' and most foxes run away from people rather than trying to eat them.

C/ Looking at the scars on his face, did the fox only have teeth on one side of it's mouth?

D/ In the dark, in a tent,(which is how lake/river anglers fish) how can he be so sure it was a fox?

I have a bit of a problem with this story.

A/ It's in the Daily Mail so guaranteed to have been sensationalised!

B/ East Sussex and more so the Uckfield area is more farmland than urban sprawl, unlikely that this fox was 'urbanised' and most foxes run away from people rather than trying to eat them.

C/ Looking at the scars on his face, did the fox only have teeth on one side of it's mouth?

D/ In the dark, in a tent,(which is how lake/river anglers fish) how can he be so sure it was a fox?

I agree, something's missing from the story. I may be meeting this chap some time this week so I'll make up my mind then.

I have not read the story, but a lake that i night fish on in Derbyshire has a very brave fox. I have been woken up in the early hours 3 times by a fox in my bivvy! the second time it was trying to drag my bait bucket out the door. the third time I had my dog with me and she chased it off, it was back about an hour later! I usually sleep with my door open. just shows how brave foxes are getting.

I think that some of the anglers might be feeding it ? Foolish!!!!!!!

I took this pic on the edge of dartmoor nr okehampton,

the fox was was interested in the sound the camera was making, the shot was taken with less that 5ft between us.... it was used to having titbits chucked at it..i sat down on the ground and it just sat down then laid down

_DSF0057.jpg

_DSF0111-1-1.jpg

Edited by jasper3

For fox sake! What a load of carp!

But seriously, while fox attacks are extremely rare, it is ridiculous for Brian May, Chris Packham et al to suggest that they don't happen. Foxes are definitely capable of attacking humans. The only reason it is very rare is because they are usually afraid of humans, but in urban areas, they are becoming accustomed to people, and they also live at MUCH higher densities than in the countryside.

How long before Brian May jumps up and calls this man a liar?

How long before Brian May jumps up and calls this man a liar?

I don't know about him but I have doubts, this wasn't a particularly urban area I'm yet to see a fox that doesn't clear off at maximum speed when it sees a human. even ones we shoot round houses in urban areas aren't keen to stick about and will often bolt as soon as they wind you. Knowing a few of the anglers I do my first suggestion would be an accident after drinking excessively. Or who knows in the dark just possibly a dog

There are foxes in Kent that walk down the pavement between the kids going to school in the morning, not at all bothered by humans. I've had them sitting on top of my shed whilst the dogs jump up the sides barking at them, once again not bothered at all. Some years ago when I demolished an old shed I found some cubs underneath. I propped the shed base up at an angle and the vixen came back and fetched them one at a time even though I was working down the other end of the garden.

They are quick to learn and have probably been stealing food from anglers for a while, becoming more and more bold. Who's to say they haven't discovered that a quick bite means they get the sandwiches.