How much Youv spent this year

rapid basher

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used the 'adding value to the house' excuse to justify some of my expenditure to the mrs! I built a workshop and kennels so I could then build my gunning punt in it, then I built the punt. Bought a L200 shooting wagon (justified by her needing one for her horse) and then a Browning maxus (as she had bought a horse!) Add in some decoys, cartridges, etc and its over the 15k mark... If i can find a lathe for me to make the punt gun it will be up to about 19k... Scary stuff when you sit back and look at it all!

My philosophy is, you cant take it with you!!!

:hmm: 2 rifles, scope, one LBR, red-dot sight, 2nd gun cabinet, ammo safe, FAC ammo, shotgun cartridges (w/o costs of travel, club membership etc) - about £3,300 (ish). LBP due to arrive any time now, another £1K, Black powder revolver + kit in Feb 2013 - about £400. It never ends, but I only have me to buy for, there ain't no pockets in a shroud as they say...... :good:

PS - if the DVLA say my medical state says I can have my licence back, there will also be a car/truck to buy (Rubs hands in anticipation), so some serious spending then!!!!

Edited by Bloke

It's all done on the cheap with me. Bought a second hand scope - but sold another, bought a few bits and pieces, cheap IR illuminator couple of knives - but sold £200 ish worth of rabbits, so I've probably only spent £100 all year.

I would like to spend more but no chance at the moment.

New shooting truck,

New Kimber .204 with Zeiss Scope,

New Browning T Bolt with Pulsar N750,

New CZ 455 .22lr with Hawke scope,

Turbo Flapper,

Pigeon Magnet

My Mrs is reading these off her list - she refers to it when I groan about how much she spends on holidays.

Over £10k (apparently) !!!!!!!

ive only recently got my sgc so have bought a couple of guns, some kit including gun safe and a couple of slabs of carts so im in for id say at least £1800 which on my wage is a lot.. far more than is sensible but i sold a mountain bike which pretty much covered it all so not as painfull as it could have been