are the boys in blue just interested performance indicators?

kdubya

Well, back in the days of Gordon Brown and New Liebour the police were given all sorts of stupid targets to meet. If they achieved those targets the force would be rewarded financially and in some cases senor officers received bonuses on top of their wages. If they failed to reach the targets funding would be with held and the ACPO ranks got no bonus.

Then the Tories came in and all the targets were scrapped except one; to cut crime. Two years later, as if my magic, it is reported that crime has fallen. Work it out for yourselves.

Although you didn't put a "question mark", I've Assumed you were are asking a question.

So the answer is :

A person who makes swapping generalisations about any minority (with the exceptions of people on benefits or people who shoot......)

The news also said that whilst the police figures overstated the reduction in crime, the overall trend was reported by the police as -7% and by an independent organisation as -8% (reduction).

So some good some bad - it could be some cops are good and some are not so good but not all are bad !

Seems to be a bit of a chip on some shoulders about police and non-white, non-British..... :hmm:

just a propensity to promote the facts,in an oh so perfect world, the sun will soon appear!

KW

The news also said that whilst the police figures overstated the reduction in crime, the overall trend was reported by the police as -7% and by an independent organisation as -8% (reduction).

thats all right then only a little fib B)

KW

It`s government led, just like the moving of the goalposts for fire deaths for the fire service.

If the person dies in the building - fire death.

If the person dies in hospital/street/ambulance of injuries sustained in a fire - not a fire death.

Obviously the firefighters are to blame for that too? (No I don`t mean it, it`s irony)

Had a small problem a while back, can't report it at my local police station anymore, the desk was closed a few years back - have to go to the main station in Harrow. Nowhere to park there, put it in waitrose car park, 2 hours max and they are hot on it. You can't get into the police station directly, you have to wait in unheated holding room until they call next person in. About five people in front of me and people on the desk totally ignoring us or disappearing for long periods of time.

People I was waiting with all apeared to be "customers" told to report back. The bloke next to me had BO really bad and another was ignoring the no smoking signs.

After an hour it was obvious I was going to be there all day so I left. The crime never was reported. Make it virtually impossible to report a crime and the figures will go down wonderfully.

Edited by Vince Green

As above. Wonderful invention modern communications systems. Make the contact and if a police officer is required one will be sent to your house at a time convenient for you.

Not every reported crime needs an officer to attend . If your shed gets broken into sometime over the weekend, no witnesses, no forensics and little else to do investigation wise, what's the point sending one out? Your crime can be entered on the system and a crime number given within minutes.

There aren't as many coppers out there as you might like to think.

Edited by ozzy518

just a propensity to promote the facts,in an oh so perfect world, the sun will soon appear!

KW

And we applaude your propensity for reporting the facts-albeit it does come across as something constantly gnawing away at yourself-y'know like eating you from the inside. It must be hard having that feeling all the time-its good you can vent some of this turmoil via PW.

F.

Oh the dilemma if KW saw an asian mid crime. Cant call the police as they cant be trusted.

How does a policeophobe report crime? Is it bettter to ignore it as the police are (insert any post by KW over last few years ) or actually do something?

He does report it.... On Pigeonwatch !

As above. Wonderful invention modern communications systems. Make the contact and if a police officer is required one will be sent to your house at a time convenient for you.

Not every reported crime needs an officer to attend . If your shed gets broken into sometime over the weekend, no witnesses, no forensics and little else to do investigation wise, what's the point sending one out? Your crime can be entered on the system and a crime number given within minutes.

There aren't as many coppers out there as you might like to think.

I disagree, they told me I had to take my driving licence,registration document and insurance certificate into the police station, I was reporting a failure to stop. I had already phoned.