the weekends fun

camokid

hi all

well thankfully the weather has been good the last few days none of that white stuff or the wet stuff so i was of out..

Thursday i had a call from one the farmers asking if i could pop in as the lambs are due over the next few weeks and he wanted the best chance for them so that meant the fox population had to go.. now i am a regular to this farm as its only down the road. there is not that many foxes there at the moment as i do keep on top of them.. i arranged a trip for the next night.. i got there about six and had a quick walk round but nothing.... i walked back to the car and started the walk again then in the first field bingo two sets of eye together as i could not take the shot from where i was a had a fast walk to change the angle then lamp on they where still there i took the shot and he fell at a 162 yards..

the second fox was taken half an hour later i spotted him in the distance too far for a shot so i called and he came running in i climbed over a gate to get into the same field as him as there was a hedge between us. as soon as the lamp hit him fully he was off i stayed on him and as he made it to the edge of the field he stopped and took a look back BIG MISTAKE.,, second fox taken at 180 dead on..

two big dog foxes and the farmer was delighted

2po2nsz.jpg

i also managed a trip out yesterday. i planned to visit a farm about 35 min away as a had not been for a while and i was over due a night of the foxes. i got there early and had a walk round before settling on a big hill with a good view all around me it was only about 4pm so still light i begin to call too see if i could pull a early fox in and with in 15 min i had a lump appear on the opposite hill i thought bonus a fox but when i looked it was a munty a real bonus i sat still and watched a young buck walk across the field right towards me.. he was following the hedge row close and my chance of a shot was where the gate was the hedge ended i waited watching the gap ....... he came throw i gave a loud shout and nothing he walked right passed without stopping ****. the next gap was at least another 70 yards i waited and waited and then he came into view this time the loud OH worked i took the shot and down he went some 100 yards.. i was really pleased with him as i had not took a munty for some time now and he was a cracker no monster but a good eater.

kdr0jt.jpg

after the prepping and a few snaps the hunt continued i went back up the hill and carried on calling. it was a hour or so later when i finely pick up the eyes of a fox in the lamp he was on the opposite hill heading down to me he sat there up right for a moment listening to my call that's when i sent the led over to meet him another dog fox..

jqtbfp.jpg

just a few snaps from the strip down today

2942jw8.jpg

2w57j28.jpg

pretty much all that's left

vsoxsn.jpg

most got minced as thats what we eat the most

3493r44.jpg

two boned rolled haunches and a few burgers for tea also 7 bags of mince for pies, chilli, spaghetti, meat balls, burgers anything really it goes well all ways

veu0lt.jpg

so i had a grate weekend full freezer full belly cant beat it

thanks andy