HW95 or HW80

hedd-wyn

Evening

Having given up the old cigarettes I've been given permission from Mrs Hedd to buy a new gun as a reward (Next month, too soon yet) :whistling:

I've always been a fan of the humble springer and have owned a few over the years. However I've never owned a decent Weihrauch break barrel rifle and have always wanted to own one.

I've narrowed it down to the HW95 and HW80 but really can't make my mind up.

I've always been a fan of the 'Airgunners' section on the forum and realise there are some well informed and experienced airgunners on here.

So if anybody could throw me the pros and cons and help me make my mind up I would be very grateful.

I've read some reviews online but very little is said about personal views.

Thanks chaps

Hedd

You really would not go wrong with either.

, if you intend to keep it sub 12ft/lb them my choice would be the 95 , however if it is likely to be tuned for FAC in future the the 80 is the way to go .

I would defiantly be keeping it under 12ft/lb Would be more than enough for what I need it for.

Judging form the other posts the HW95 seems to be winning the race.

I love the HW 98 lovely stock and very very accurate break barrel.

Best of all the HW 97 KT outstanding Rifle.

Sandwell Fieldsports do a stage 1 and stage 2 tuning that makes them super smooth.

Have a look on You Tube at Si Pittaways vids (Vermin hunters) with his HW 97 KT.

Loads of vids and loads of very good advice very informative.

Hitting bottle tops at 60 yds shot after shot. So smooth and Accurate.

I have had a HW 80 and a HW 77. HW only make quality Rifles that will last a lifetime.

Happy :shoot:

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER

Had a 77 and an 80 then got a 99s. Loved it. Just as accurate, full power and very pointable. Preferred it to my older 80 and others that I played with. Not sure on what they cost these days but I would recommend one anyday as mine was untinkered with yet easily did sub inch groups standing at 40 yards hnce I never bothered with pcp's. Not very loud at all and wasn't pellet fussy compared to some guns. In fact I liked it so much I mightbbuy another one.

The 99 has a reputation of eating the cylinder, something to do with the new style cocking shoe!

The 95 does not recoil that much, the wife had a carbine in .177, hardly recoiled at all! Now has a .22, previous model (was new old stock at a gun shop - so lucky there).

The new 95 does not have a cylinder liner and is reckoned to be much poorer than previous models in quality of finish!

Edited by secretagentmole

Guest cookoff013

buy an `80. dont forget the tune up. all the HW i bought i took the bad springs out asap.

last one was an `80 stage 1 venom. its the only airgun i`ve owned longer than 6 month. owned for 6 years.

absolutely awsome.

I'm a big fan of weirauch can't beat them for the money. Last one I got was my 97k, my mate got a 80k about a week later, used both and without being biased mine seems more accurate and easier to shoot, all to do with the weight as mine is heavier, also more chequeing on mine but I wouldn't grumble if I had either. I believe the 80 has a "oversized" cylinder as they were designed fac originally and are easy to convert to fac. If you can afford the little extra I'd go 77 or 97, but it is quite a bit heavier. Look at the Springer comp results and decide. But like I say you will probably be happy with either. Pay a little extra for a lifetime investment :)

I have the HW80K, although a little on the heavy side it is so accurate to shoot and should you ever think of going FAC it would be ideal. I e mailed HW with the serial number, turns out it's 25 years old! It's still in terrific condition and I will never sell it. You won't go wrong with one.

Hi HW, i own both the hw95 in .22calibre and the hw80 in .25 calibre

i would if possible get yourself along to a local shop and see which one suits you as per

weight, size, and how it handles for you, if an airgun club is near to you get along there and join up

members are normally very helpful and may let you try these hw guns,

you cannot go wrong with either gun both are very good!!!!!

Atb Brian