Nice Old TV Show, Jack Charlton Pigeon Shooting

actionman1

I used to go beating with some lads from work up near Alnwick and saw Jack twice shooting.

He always had time for us & loves the whole countryside thing...local lad as well.

Stunning area with great shooting if you can afford it....I would have loved to be on the other side.

Watching that was great. He was the god father of what we do today. I remember watching that donkeys years ago.

I wonder what he would make of all our kit and gizmos now. The basic tactics are still the same. For anyone out there

I recommend reading the book. But you will have to cast your mind back to the past 60/70s for it to all make sense.

Raise a glass for Archie Coats. He was frightfully posh but in a great way.

I recently sold the original vhs tape of that program, I did come across a dvd of it though :whistling:

Had a few of the Jacks game tv tapes, brings back memories of watching them on tv when they were on..

I managed to find a DVD of the series as well :whistling:

Also got the Jack Hargreaves series Out of Town :good:

Really good country programs

I remember seeing the series on tv , managed to record on Betamax!!!!

As a side issue my claim to fame was being part of an Eel fishing programme called Angling Today with the presenter Terry Thomas. If any body has a copy of this or is aware of how to obtain a copy I would be grateful.

P.C

Have a look at M.A.C.E. The Media Archive for Central England they seem to have several episodes of the series!

Good luck

T.C.