walking the dogs turns nasty!

chrisjpainter

Just taken the hounds for a walk across the fields in my village; something I've done all my life. 5 yds from my home some guy dressed in black rushes up behind me grabs my flatcoat and tries to strangle him! I get him off Wes, where upon he starts on me. So he ends up on the floor (again), I pick him up and try and calm him down, and then he tries to grab the dog again and break his leg! I get him to let go, and try and find out what was going on, and through much slurred words, with breath wreaking of drink, I worked out he thought I was stealing from the farm! I've never seen the guy before in my life, so i know he wasn't from around here! Once I'd convinced him I knew the village better than he did, we parted company after a quick handshake!

Not something I ever thought would happen in a quiet hamlet in Oxfordshire, but there we go! Time for a dram to calm the beating heart!

Edited by chrisjpainter

as before I would call the cops if you have guns and he turns it round to say you attacked him not saying he will bet better safe than sorry you are a better man than me if anyone tried to attack my dogs and break there legs they would be on there butt and staying there !!

Edited by cocker3

Seems very strange...

He first tried to strangle your dog then break its leg but he was doing it stop you presumably stealing said dog from the farm?

If he'd tried to harm either of my dogs he'd need an ambulance as well as the police.

I had a weirdo appear the village last night when I walked my cocker...I heard him running behind me and assumed it was someone out jogging (in the snow?) but then he got nearer, ran past me and then turned around and faced my and tried to stop me getting past. He was obviously terribly drunk but was also about 70 and 5ft nothing. It was quite amusing really but then I do wonder what would have happened if the mrs had walked the dog not me. Even my cocker growled at him and he never growls.

Edited by oscarsdad

Well the Police have had a proper hunt round and can't find him! No surprise there; it's dark and we're in the middle of the country. I've never seen the guy before, so it's going to be left there. If I see him again or if they come across him they'll take it further, but I'm fine, the dogs are fine, so were going to leave it there. He had just had too much too drink and let his brain go AWOL. To their credit, the police were extremely quick to come out, despite where we live, and were very helpful. Time to sit down and watch the cricket and not worry about idiotic drunks bumbling around the countryside!

Me and my cousin was put walking his trio of spaniels and my jack when some guy decided we was trespassing (was in the middle of a council owned reserve) and kicked one of my cousins spaniel in the head! Luckily for him there was a lot of other people in the area so me and my cousin wrestled him to the ground whilst someone rang old bill.

Thankfully apart from being a bit shook up the spaniel was fine

Turned out he had severe mental health problems and hadn't been taking his Meds, but god knows what my cousin would of been done if it had been a secluded part of the wood as those dogs are his babies.

Drunk tries to strangle dog, then break its leg - all ends in a handshake - bizarre - story and explanation.

The guy was drunk, and i think it dawned on him that he didn't have any idea of what he was doing, or going to do if i stood up to him! once i'd picked him off the floor (after i'd dumped him there) and told him to calm down and tell me what the hell he was doing, he suddenly became less aggressive. I'm not a violent chap, I'd got the dogs safe and no damage was done. I wasn't actually going to bother calling the police until people on here thought I should! He'd calmed down and gone from 'angry aggressive drunk' to 'best friends apologising drunk'. It was only people here saying what if it had been a woman or someone more vulnerable than myself that persuaded me to call the Police.