No lighter fluid at Asda, world is going crackers!

955i

My trusty Zippo was running out so while in Asda stopped at the cigarette counter to pick up some fluid only to be told they are no longer selling it, along with lighter gas and matches as people could use them for substance abuse or arson :/

Apparently Tesco is taking the same approach.

Better stop selling petrol at petrol stations then eh!

Has the world just gone nuts or is it me?

Edited by 955i

Its you, sorry...

We have had a lot of people recently who have been turning back to inhaling solvents and had one guy come into the drop-in centre asking for a tissue, he then grabbed a handful and asked for a plastic bag and offered us money for it, he had just been refused at the local co-op :/

Co-op too.

Plenty of booze for alcohol abuse though.

My trusty Zippo was running out so while in Asda stopped at the cigarette counter to pick up some fluid only to be told they are no longer selling it, along with lighter gas and matches as people could use them for substance abuse or arson :/

How funny had the same thing Sunday wanted gas for my turbo lighter to start the BBQ and both Sainsburys and the petrol station don't stock it anymore due to health and safety apparently. Luckily the neighbours a chain smoker so had a spare can.

no its big brother gone daft ,ave to use a lighter for blow torches at work and get mine from the local market stall.if u got poundland or poundworld u can still get it at the minute if u over 18.but no big supermarkets do it now.once the fags are banned i dont know where youl get it.i,m a none smoker but need a lighter for the missus ten million candles dotted around the house :no:

my local co op has a sign up that says you need to look 25 to buy wine and if not may be asked for ID...... the law says 18 but apparently some 13 year girls dressed up can look 18 and there in lays a whole bunch more trouble for any would be young suitor.....

By golly its good to be older and wiser and not a young lad in todays world!

Edited by pavman

Surely that's where you should be filling up your Zippo from! :whistling:

I use a lot of lighter gas for my soldering iron and blow torch, I bought 12 cans for £10 at the weekend from that market as I always do and he didn't say anything he must have hundreds of cans of fluid and gas.

I wanted a little can of gas a while ago I got some in the end in B&Q when I was getting some other things but I got a shock when I went to pay for it I think it was about £5 for a little can I know that it is to stop kids buying it to get high on it but for the cost of that little one they could have got a large on and have even more (fun- not) its plane stupid.

I wanted a little can of gas a while ago I got some in the end in B&Q when I was getting some other things but I got a shock when I went to pay for it I think it was about £5 for a little can I know that it is to stop kids buying it to get high on it but for the cost of that little one they could have got a large on and have even more (fun- not) its plane stupid.

B&Q aren't cheap and cheerful like they used to be.

Anyone else noticed how getting hold of lighter fluid for BBQ's in a bit of a pain? - Supermarkets try and sell you that sodding lighter gel stuff, which is about as efficient as screwing up £5 notes and lighting a BBQ with those.