Ban the Burka in public

jonno 357

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A known terrorist suspect (male) escaped detection and boarded a plane using a burkha - thats why they should not be acceptable anywhere.

However if they were lycra and skin -tight nothing would be 'concealed'.

Ugly women should wear them with a big U on the front and anyone should be able to take a peek - if desperate or so minded.

For those who dont understand, the last two statements are Jokes, perhaps in bad taste but thats pigeon watch.

If the law was applied evenly and fairly, no problem, but it isn't. I couldn't walk down the street or into a shop wearing a balaclava, so what's the difference?

The burka could be used to conceal any number of things, - people taking tests or exams for other less gifted people for example.

My wife couldn't wear a miniskirt in most of those Islamic countries. This is a Christian country. Abide by our rules.

But this dosen't 'break' any Christian rules, infact there are parts of the New Testament that say a women should cover their face in church, and also not speak! At passport control they are taken to a private area and a female offical confirms there identity, the same with exams I believe. I'm a Christian and I believe in doing unto overs as I would have them do unto me, as Jesus taught, 'the golden rule' and for me that means giving people the freedom to express their religion, to the same level I'd expect them to respect mine, i.e upto the point it impinges on my personal and the nations security. Is a women in a burka a risk to public safety in tesco? no she's not, what's the worst she can do? nick something? well if shes spotted a female staff member could deal with it, as would probably be the case for a non-burka wearing female, ie search etc.

Yes some western ideals may not be acceptted in muslim countries, but shouldn't we be acceptting? otherwise we are falling to a lowest common denominator?

what I hate is spineless Politicians who do not represent the popular view of the people, any minority that kick up sufficient stink no matter what the subject be it Anti shooting or religious all of a sudden gets listened to with more interest than the quite majority....

religion has started just about every war in history and continues to do so.... After Friday prayers the fighting began is a common enough phrase just like the fighting in Ireland all religiously based so any garments that hold any religious significance in public should be banned.

Lesbians as far as i know don’t wear a special uniform but they can apparently spot each other in a crowd with little or no difficulty so I am assuming the wearing of any particular garments religious or otherwise is more about letting others know because them that’s in the same group already know!

A known terrorist suspect (male) escaped detection and boarded a plane using a burkha - thats why they should not be acceptable anywhere.

Is that really true? I seriously doubt that has happened in this, or any other, western country. If it has I'll stand corrected but as everyone, burkha or not, has to show their face to passport control before boarding a plane I can't see how it could happen - you don't get that many lady-boy terrorists.

It was the Somalian armed robber murderer of PC Sharon Beshenivsky who fled justice by traveling via plane to Somalia dressed as a woman in a Niqab and with his sisters passport not a terror suspect. Incidentally he returned to the country he was originally seeking asylum from as his life was in danger there?!

In my opinion people can wear what they want wherever they want but must be prepared to allow their identity to be confirmed when it is necessary to do so. It's common sense.

Dressing as a ninja has become increasingly popular with younger Muslim women who have grown up in the west as a political statement - it has absolutely nothing to do with Islam and Islam does not require women to dress that way - I have a fair few Muslim friends and their wives dress normally. The Taliban make women cover up, not the Koran and so yes it should be banned and seen in exactly the same way as walking around in a BNP t-shirt which is effectively the same thing.

I agree though, really ugly women of any religion should be made to cover up lol!

I have said that for years also it is more Eco friendly as 3 paper bags to cover the ugliness soon rip and have to be replaced but the cloth one lasts longer.

Is that really true? I seriously doubt that has happened in this, or any other, western country. If it has I'll stand corrected but as everyone, burkha or not, has to show their face to passport control before boarding a plane I can't see how it could happen - you don't get that many lady-boy terrorists.

There is no "Passport Control" before leaving the UK. The only check made is by the check in assistant to make sure the passport is valid, no scanning it, nothing.. Given that the gate staff let every drunk and abusive passenger onto an aircraft to let me deal with it rather than stopping them at the gate as they are meant to I seriously doubt they have the courage to ask a burka wearing passenger show their face....

I always think that it is funny that when i hear about these stories about these women demanding to wear the burka I am yet to hear of any such story where the woman in question is not incredibly highly educated (and possibly trained for a professional career ) and improved by many western advances that would not be available to them if they where living in a tent, in a sand dune above an oil field somewhere hot under a strict islamic regime .

Under the Canis regime I would allow the burka providing the wearer walked 10 paces behind the men stoped wasting their time getting eeducated and was sold into arranged marriage at the age of 13 did the experience fully :lol:

If the law was applied evenly and fairly, no problem, but it isn't. I couldn't walk down the street or into a shop wearing a balaclava, so what's the difference?

Why couldn't you? Is it against the law? I wasn't aware. I didnt think we had a law about them over here. Admittedly i think you would get a few looks of concern. But isn't that down to stereotyping?

why are you so confused?

I don't see how a woman wearing a burka effects you. I firmly believe in live and let live. When you wake up in the morning. You put on what is comfortable. As does everyone else.... People just have different opinions and taste in clothing. I saw an African dressed like a multicoloured lollipop the other day. Each to their own, it doesn't effect me. I just wont be rushing off to buy that outfit though lol

Personally I really dont like not knowing the persons visual identity...especially when I directly engage in conversation with them. I find it all too mysterious and secretive and sometimes to the point where I feel intimidated. I like to read peoples facial expressions and take note of their reactions and body language when I converse. I suppose its the not knowing what is going on under the cover up that bothers me the most...

Its like walking the streets in your realtree tops and bottoms with your full face cammo face cover on...it is pretty disturbing to be honest but you are well within your rights to do so. Enter a secure area (say an airport) I assume your would be reprimanded by armed police under the assumption your a threat to safety and taken away for a debrief.

I am not in favour of burkas - I think they could and are used for a variety of purposes, for which they were not intended.

I can't walk into a filling station or a bank with a mask or motorcycle helmet on - why should someone else be exempt.

I also object to these women demanding that they will only reveal their identity to a female. If I was stopped in a bank by the Police, wearing a motorcycle helmet, I would be obliged to remove it whether the Police Officer was male or female.

It is pandering to extremists. As someone has said - "when in Rome, do as the Romans do". If anyone doesn't like that perhaps they should not live in or visit Rome.

Why couldn't you? Is it against the law? I wasn't aware. I didnt think we had a law about them over here. Admittedly i think you would get a few looks of concern. But isn't that down to stereotyping?

I don't see how a woman wearing a burka effects you. I firmly believe in live and let live. When you wake up in the morning. You put on what is comfortable. As does everyone else.... People just have different opinions and taste in clothing. I saw an African dressed like a multicoloured lollipop the other day. Each to their own, it doesn't effect me. I just wont be rushing off to buy that outfit though lol

I think you are playing mind games.

Im confused. How is the burka effecting you guys exactly? Its not like you are wearing it. Live and let live.

Nuns wear a similar attire. You guys wouldnt say a word if you saw it down the street. I believe the same respect would be shown to a nun at airport security too.

nuns wear their attire through choice rather than have to cover their face to suit male oppression.

KW

may not have boarded a plane but he stayed undetected for several days ( OK though he only wanted to blow us up !!)

Yassin Omar fled London in the traditional Muslim women’s dress the day after he made a failed attempt to detonate a rucksack bomb on a Tube train near London’s Warren Street station, Woolwich Crown Court was told.

The footage allegedly shows Omar, 26, in the black burka mingling with ordinary commuters at Digbeth coach station in Birmingham on July 22.

The head-to-toe outfit gave others at the coach station no clue that the man inside was, at the time, wanted by anti-terror police over the alleged attempt to bomb London’s transport system the previous day.

Woolwich Crown Court has already heard how, earlier in the day, Omar was captured on CCTV wearing the burka at Golders Green coach station in north London.

He was eventually arrested at a house in Birmingham on Wednesday, July 27.