Just had a weak moment......

Livefast123

With the arrival of baby Livefast 2 less than 24 hours away strange thoughts started to circulate in my head, like how am I ever going to have the time to shoot, reload for my rifles or meet the lads for a few clays again. I began to think that selling my guns would be a good idea and made enquiries in a few local RFD's over the £££'s they would give me to hand over my guns. I started to convince myself I should take up R/C planes again as a more suitable hobby.

Obviously I have had a strong dose of Fatherhood and the only cure is a big dose of ManUp. I'm turning to the PW massive to ridicule me for my foolish actions and to provide me with some ManUp. :good: BTW it's a boy so I could get that .410 now........

Edited by Livefast123

Welcome to the club us dads should all stick together, yes your time for shooting is restricted a little, tbh more by you than anyone, as you just won't want to put your child down.

Your guns will be fine in the cabbinet while you spend time with the important things in life and they will be ready to go as soon as the crying gets too much.

step away from the planes, seriously keep the guns you will regret it later another generation has just been born into the shooting fraternity keeping the dream alive. teach them responcible ownership and get them out as soon as you have conditioned them to gunfire, atb wayne :good::lol:

and they will be ready to go as soon as the crying gets too much.

In a sporting way obviously :lol:

I'm liking the idea of a new gun to celebrate, maybe with an engraved plate covering my daughters date of birth and now my sons.

Maybe we should have 'dad club' alongside 'pump club' to offer long suffering dads shooting!

Edited by Livefast123

With the arrival of baby Livefast 2 less than 24 hours away strange thoughts started to circulate in my head, like how am I ever going to have the time to shoot, reload for my rifles or meet the lads for a few clays again. I began to think that selling my guns would be a good idea and made enquiries in a few local RFD's over the £££'s they would give me to hand over my guns. I started to convince myself I should take up R/C planes again as a more suitable hobby.

Obviously I have had a strong dose of Fatherhood and the only cure is a big dose of ManUp. I'm turning to the PW massive to ridicule me for my foolish actions and to provide me with some ManUp. :good: BTW it's a boy so I could get that .410 now........

I bought my first little lad a nice over and under 410 before he was born.I needed plenty of time to check it worked ok for him :lol:

I've been loosing up my sons 28 bore for 2 years should have another 6-8 years before he needs it

Lol superb, gave me the push I need to start looking for my boy he is 3 lol.

My daughter is 7 and unfortunately not interested in the shooting side at all.

I started shooting again after my first was born. Love em dearly but need that little time out. Keep your guns pal

Karpman

Ohh isn't that sweet, you selflessly thought for one second about the future an spending time with your kid...

Man up Shirley... In 10 days you will be making excuses about starting work early just to sleep in your car for a precious 10 minutes... Keep the guns and maybe you will have something to bond over when jnr finally understands your heavy handed fathering in 38 years time..

Of course unless you do exactly as your told like me that is :-).

Congrats and ignore because I'm bitter, old an child free (sorry I mean child less) :-).

Ohh isn't that sweet, you selflessly thought for one second about the future an spending time with your kid...

Man up Shirley... In 10 days you will be making excuses about starting work early just to sleep in your car for a precious 10 minutes... Keep the guns and maybe you will have something to bond over when jnr finally understands your heavy handed fathering in 38 years time..

Of course unless you do exactly as your told like me that is :-).

Congrats and ignore because I'm bitter, old an child free (sorry I mean child less) :-).

Why not look on the bright side? A baby is about the same weight as your favourite Shotgun so take advantage of this by mounting said child into your shoulder and practising your swing (good for you and baby loves it). As the sprog grows and becomes mobile you can throw cushions at it as it runs around like a scared Rabbit-more cheap practice and no-one gets hurt (much). In the summer months you can put out sweets as decoys and as the child swoops in to feed you can use the variable spray pattern on your hose to decide which choke is best at various ranges. So look forward to a great future shooting with (or at) the Rug Rat-just learn to adapt.

Congratulations, some good advice here! But apparently it does get better time wise, but 5 years after the birth of number 2 (and there will be no more) i'm still waiting, 7year old has rugby tonight, the river is fining down nicely, but i wont be fishing!

Cheers

Aled

Why not look on the bright side? A baby is about the same weight as your favourite Shotgun so take advantage of this by mounting said child into your shoulder and practising your swing (good for you and baby loves it). As the sprog grows and becomes mobile you can throw cushions at it as it runs around like a scared Rabbit-more cheap practice and no-one gets hurt (much). In the summer months you can put out sweets as decoys and as the child swoops in to feed you can use the variable spray pattern on your hose to decide which choke is best at various ranges. So look forward to a great future shooting with (or at) the Rug Rat-just learn to adapt.

Thanks for a great post :lol:

Regards Remmyman

Congratulations !

You'll need time out in the hedgerows with a gun, and your missus will need time out too. And then nipper will come out with you & help you pick up bunnies & pigeons. My boys started out like this and started with a Co2 revolver, then onto air rifles, now my 12 yr old has a .410 and SGC and comes out shooting with me !

You have years of shared fun ahead of you... if shooting is part of who you are then don't hide it.