Not giving anything from Santa?

Laird Lugton

Have any of you with children not given a present from Santa?

Our 5 year old's behaviour has been off the scale this year with a cracked door frame and other bits of damage to the house so we've decided to put a letter from Santa saying due to this years behaviour Santa decided not to leave a present...

Anyone done something similar?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why use Santa as the scapegoat . Better going down the route of family therapy, GP can help.

Why not give her something with an explanation that your all going to make changes and if things don't improve you won't be able to reward bad behaviour next year.

John.

Our 5 year old's behaviour has been off the scale this year with a cracked door frame and other bits of damage to the house so we've decided to put a letter from Santa saying due to this years behaviour Santa decided not to leave a present...

Are you widing us up.....what type of father would not give a present for Christmas to a 5 year old, with children...especially at that age, there is many ways for teaching them good behaviour, but to ruin his Christmas its the lowest thing to do to a child.

Some people don't deserve to be parents....don't become one of them.

Personally all the presents my kids get are from Santa, when they grow up they will know who they were really from, I just take their things away from them when required I.E. If they are bad one day, no story before bed or no tv, no iPod, no iPad, no horse riding, etc etc they soon change their mood or attitude

Reading the post twice (how does a 5 yr old crack a door frame) ???

What did you buy her last yr a hammer , parent her don't punish her !!!

My daughter is 10 this yr and only just started questioning the Santa buisness , I'm happy me and my family have done so much over the yrs to make it last this long.

Last year I got a horseshoe left it in the garden moved the playhouse and put some manure on the patio and told my daughter to open the patio curtains her face was a picture when she noticed reindeer poo to me that's a kids Christmas , :) even her brother at 12 helps us every year and has never told her ....

Edited by delburt0

It sounds a bit harsh to me, kids don't get the "long picture", they are all emotion and anger and love at the same time. A punishment should be instant and quickly forgotten, and remember it's always the behaviour that was bad not the child. "that's bad behaviour, no sweets today", instead of "you're a bad child, no presents this Christmas".

My wife taught me how to be a parent when my teenage boys were playing up, she was firm and fair when I was getting alternately angry and remote. I'll always be grateful for that, she made two great lads, and even now they still phone her up for a chat most days.

My god son is told that Santa starts with a sack of presents for you and every time you are naughty some come out.

Really, a five year old is too young to fully get cause and effect. I understand that he must be driving you crackers, but I think punishment by Santa at a time when he's still in need of unconditional love and acceptance is going a bit far. By all means slim down the stocking, but please don't cut him off entirely. He simply won't understand.

Don't do it mate he's just a kid,don't spoil his day.If you do the guilt will eat away at you.My 14 yr old has been a right hormonal tit all year but he will still get spoilt.I was 14 once.

and there lies the answer, we seemingly forget we were also little ***** once.

KW

Can I respectfully ask WHY your child has been out of control? My lad has had his moments, and I turned to physical diciplin. I regretted it the moment I smacked him. I had came from a household ruled by an iron fist. I misbehaved and I got a brass belt buckle welted off my *****. I vowed NEVER to follow on that tradition. I used a slap on the rear ONCE and the look in His eyes made me feel terrible. It.was a look to say "I placed all my trust in you, and you HIT me" I cried for weeks racked with guilt.

From then I would raise my voice when he stepped out of line and it SEEMED to work. Not for long. Don't get me wrong! He isn't in bother just once or.twice a year of your lucky.

I grounded him a few times. Then read about forms of diciplin being meaningless too far after the incident.

I now sit with him or go for a walk. We sit and TALK about WHY and WHAT makes him misbehave or angry. We come to mutual agreements. In short I treat him as an equal and VALUE his opinion. We now get on like a house on fire for the first time ever.

Does your Child need to spill their heart out to someone? Do they need a channel for agression? Do they beed a parent that just LISTENS?

I have had my eyes opened, and I am glad.it happened! It has brought us closer together, where before I was pushing him away!

If you have other kids, then you CANT not give one something! Even if they have been bad. Obviously don't spoil him, but don't shun him either as it will end up agrivating the problem. Sit.him down.and have a good heaet to heart. Express your concerns and ask hin for HIS side.of the argument.

Don't interupt him. Let him finish! Then use both sides as constructive and build something from it.

I hope you manage to.sort it out!

ATB