Clint1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose I have been lucky,

Bought AND sold guns and other stuff on here,

Never had anything go wrong,

Closest was when I sold a scope for a friend, he told me it was mint, I didn't check and advertised it as such, it was bought/paid for/ sent only to be told it had crimp marks,(didn't affect the scopes performance)

I asked the buyer what he wanted to do, he asked for and received a full refund including postage.

All ended up ok,

I suppose one day I will get caught out and stung, the law of averages says so,

:shaun:

What about a trusted sellers thread in the Other Sales section?

An angling forum I used to use a lot has this and it allows members to post up the good transactions and people, although not the negative.

I asked the same question over 12 months back - it would be useful in my opinion too.

I have bought a couple of things from members with no issues and likewise I have sold a couple of things - again with no issues.

ATB

What I don't understand that if they wanted it why not stick some petrol in the car and get it, it annoys me, for instance my dog was over a 150 mile away from me, so I got my dad to take me to get it, IF YOU WANT IT GO AND GET IT!

not always correct you wouldn't travel hundreds to buy a couple of quid item it wouldn't be worth it ,hence wish you were closer

My apologies Mr Clint I should have got back to you sooner, quite sure my last pm says I've got a lot on in the run up to Christmas, once tomorrow is out the way I'll get chance to sit down in front of the lap top and look at those pics. You'll have to forgive me for being a little wary after recently having a bad experience and wanting to look at items on a full size screen rather than a mobile.

My apologies Mr Clint I should have got back to you sooner, quite sure my last pm says I've got a lot on in the run up to Christmas, once tomorrow is out the way I'll get chance to sit down in front of the lap top and look at those pics. You'll have to forgive me for being a little wary after recently having a bad experience and wanting to look at items on a full size screen rather than a mobile.

You have every right to be cautious, it's your money and it is always caveat emptor. Sellers who get arsey can do one. I bought four guns this year without any problems. Good photos and the seller happily answered all the questions I asked, irrespective of how dumb they were. Twice I took the hit and went for guns without photos, both times they were PW members with a few years under their belt and a fair number of posts but they were unable to send me images, no worries they were described as good condition. Despite the offer of a RFD I drove a fair distance to look at gun that appeared to have been used to knock fence posts in.

What I will say is that pretty much all the PW members I've met as a buyer or seller have been pretty decent, a couple have gone above and beyond to help me out. On the one occasion that I got ripped off another PWer gave me the same item FOC, he wouldn't even accept postage.

I have bought items on here and sold a few. Never had a problem and met some decent people.

The other side is selling a gun. I have listed the odd one on Gunwatch and put one on for a mate. We were both plagued with a couple of people who asked many, many questions. They professed interest, asked questions which were already covered in the adverts, made arrangements, came up with more excuses than you could point a stick at.

None actually ever looked at the guns, so it couldn't be that they felt the adverts flattered the guns.

They just seemed to enjoy messing people about. Complete and utter time wasters.

That said, there are normally plenty of absolute bargains on here and Gunwatch.

Bought and sold plenty on here and no negatives dealings so far with plenty of bargains. The usual,too far away,if only I had FAC/SC,if only I wasn't skint,if only you would deliver,if only you would give it to me oot the goodness of your heart and if only I actually had any intension of being interested in the item is part and parcel of any buying and selling transaction,so nay point in getting panties in a twist.

The to far away thing is a big point for me, as its the time and I dont like traveling so I usually try to arrange a meet that both partys agree,or if others are willing to travel I will offer cost of fuel, as long as both partys are happy I see no problem, thing to remember is if you dont like being messed about then dont do it to others.

I think it's very sensible to ask for, and wait for, decent photos. Remember that people in different areas have different meanings for words, one man might describe something as "mint" when another would say it was in good condition. For example, to me "mint" would mean that there was no sign that it had ever been used.

It's also reasonable to ask a buyer "will you buy it, if it is as described ?" before faffing about sending pictures to wannabees.

I have advertisded tthree guns on here,sold one without a problem,the other two were a nightmare i had that many replys from people saying how great they looked,wish i had the money,wish you lived closer,i dont need to be told how much a bargain is,how good they look,just buy the dam thing or keep you comments to yourself,it just becomes boring.

I have advertisded tthree guns on here,sold one without a problem,the other two were a nightmare i had that many replys from people saying how great they looked,wish i had the money,wish you lived closer,i dont need to be told how much a bargain is,how good they look,just buy the dam thing or keep you comments to yourself,it just becomes boring.

your nice

Some adverts are so badly written getting any detail is like pulling teeth, I currently looking for a particular item but am in no rush so waiting for the right one, I don't want to buy unseen and untried, so the perfect item in Scotland is of no use.... One I really wanted was sold 3 weeks ago yet is unpaid for and sat at the sellers with him wondering what to do... Nothing to do with PW just people in general...... We all get cold feet but its the silence that's annoying.