Phrases, you HATE!

carpentermark

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We must maintain a holistic approach to delivering the original concept, and still ensure our deliverables are submitted in a timely manner to protect our overall commercial interests..."

That gob-full of utter tripe was last heard on Friday 31st January - Thankfully I started a new job today and will never have to hear it again :yahoo:

ending a post with from AUNTIE whats that all about

If this refers to who I think. That's the name used on another forum and known by quite a few as such and quotes end in as said Auntie.

The other reference I hear is any older relatives like uncle ,granny etc.

Figgy

I personally think any buzzwords or management phrases from America are annoying. You just know there going to end up over here.

Ban all the management seminars where the latest **** is taught to be drolled out at every opertunity to the minions.

One that gets me is the two handed two fingers quotation gesture, any one else want to snap off some fingers.

Figgy

Edited by Cranfield

"Our thoughts go out to the family at this difficult time" - usually spoken by a senior PR plod or manager who doesn't actually know the person or give a toss but was taught to say these meaningless words during his/her media training and doesn't realise how hollow they sound.

Jog on

This very nearly caused a fight when someone said it to me, then spat down a staircase in front of me. Instead I frogmarched him into his bosses office and explained just how upset it made me. Got a full apology and he was sent to clean his spit up. Never saw him again.

On it like a car bonnet?, not out of the woods yet (what woods??), damned if they do damned if they dont arrggghh that last one I hate the most :mad:

Do like the odd American one though dumb as a box of rocks lol :lol: etc

They have lost their meanings since so many people say them and fern 01 agree with you there mate empty words they sound to me robotic

when they come out with that one.

If I was PM straight after making handguns legal again, s. auto centrefires and sec1 shotguns back onto sec2, would be to curtail their use a bit somehow.

Edited by Mossyoak77

This very nearly caused a fight when someone said it to me, then spat down a staircase in front of me. Instead I frogmarched him into his bosses office and explained just how upset it made me. Got a full apology and he was sent to clean his spit up. Never saw him again.

:lol::yes: Class.

I actually like the majority of the stuff so far as they can be funny and apt in the right circumstances but Jog On is most definitely a losers phrase.

We took on a chap and he is full of all of these. "The ...... piece" is a favourite along with "reach out" and "engage"

I finally printed a ****word Bingo sheet off and we play it in every meeting and he still doesn't get it. He blames it on his previous working environment which is rubbish. I worked for one of the biggest corporations in the world and it was always plain English.

The other phrase often used by politicians is "Absolutely" as in "we are absolutely committed to ....." What does that mean?