Roost shooting.

kingo15

They may look a bit ametuerish but I've had mates that have never shot who want to tag along to see what it's all about and they would turn up at mine wearing stuff we wouldn't dream of going shooting in. The best laugh I've had is being in a hide with a mate who fired well over a hundred and fifty catridges for 7 pigeons, I had a bad back at the time so showed him how to load the auto then laid in the bottom of the hide with my head out the side telling him when pigeons were in shooting range. Even though every other word was he f word he loved it and now has more shooting than me. ( he still can't hit nout though). Lol

Great post. That must have been some flight to shoot 150 cartridges. He may have been spoiled by that.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may look a bit ametuerish but I've had mates that have never shot who want to tag along to see what it's all about and they would turn up at mine wearing stuff we wouldn't dream of going shooting in. The best laugh I've had is being in a hide with a mate who fired well over a hundred and fifty catridges for 7 pigeons, I had a bad back at the time so showed him how to load the auto then laid in the bottom of the hide with my head out the side telling him when pigeons were in shooting range. Even though every other word was he f word he loved it and now has more shooting than me. ( he still can't hit nout though). Lol

That sounds like me!

You know this thread is indicative of a real problem we have on this forum. I actually know Sam Wilkinson and he's a good guy. He subscribes to my channel and is in to self sufficiency. He grows his own food and raises fowl etc.

The problem, as demonstrated by the OP, is some people have a real bad attitude on here. Heaven forbid any of these keyboard warrior numpties ever get in charge of actually trying to encourage young people to get in to sport.

That's exactly why I don't post any of my shooting footage, I'd have defend myself to the hilt for no reason, I've got some vids on YT, not that id post them here, great forum , but I just know I'd get hassle.

I must say though if Sam is self sufficient, he's clobbered the market by growing a mcdonalds tree, good on him.

Joking aside, two bloke having a laugh and recording it, we should embrace it, not ridicule it, or the people, it's very shallow to do so.

Edited by kyska

Some members on here need to catch a grip.these lads are out in the field having a laugh & enjoying their sport. Plenty of evenings I went roost shooting & only shot a couple of birds.

They could do with moving a bit less before the birds arrive but they aren't doing any harm.

Well thats 6 mins 41 secs of my life I'll never get back. Can't really see the problem though.

should have skipped from 20 secs to 20 secs left , I only lost 40 secs yawn ;)

why be nasty , it takes all sorts to make the world go round, if the main guy in the video was to offer a week ends shooting to some one would you go or not cause of his appearance

correct. Edited by delburt0

Great post. That must have been some flight to shoot 150 cartridges. He may have been spoiled by that.

sorry it weren't roost shooting , it's was over coys on rape stubble which makes it more laughable , if I could have been bothered I would have stood up and perhaps gave him some pointers but I was having to much fun listening to him empty the auto follow by a barrage of f's. Even though he only got 7 he still says it was his most memorable day. He also loved the new coluor of his shoulder for a few days. Lol

I am glad I am not the only one who could not see much wrong with the video , not the way I would choose to roost shoot , but then there have been plenty of times I have been shooting with friends and not shot the way I would have done if I was on my own , sometimes the social aspect is more important than shooting loads .

If being rotund was a crime plenty of us would have been locked up years ago !

cant see much wrong with it myself , a little bit of roost shooting and a natter with a mate , ive had many very enjoyable evenings doing exactly the same thing myself , and i hope that i carry on having similar evenings with friends for years to come , i hope that me being a fat lad doesnt make me unworthy of enjoying my chosen sport .

It looks like to me the big lad has took his mate out for some shooting experience I am all sure we can remember when we first started and how **** we were ourselves. It doesn't mater that he is larger than your average what does mater is he is out and showing a novice a good time. Anyway with a bit more padding I bet he doesn't get a sore shoulder after a load of shots and that's one massive bonus

The big fella actually knows his stuff if you watch some of his other videos.............

I honestly thought it was an amusing video - mainly because if reminded me of my first times going out etc... (the new guy to the sport's sunny's and jumper were cool too, almost akin to the terminator) and the flat cap bit was funny too, (in a non horrible way, just nice light hearted entertainment).

The bit I did find odd was the shooting from the hip type thing at 4:46 but then I am also guilty of doing the same when I first started. Everyone is very keen to jump on the 'not safe' bandwagon, but the weight thing is a bit unacceptable - especially being that nearly all clothes on this forum sell at XL and upward too - a fair few of us are a bit guilty of a few extra's at Xmas.

His other videos are good on youtube, the chicken ones are good and the way he supports Hannah (?) after she shot her first rabbit is nice to see.

I honestly thought it was an amusing video - mainly because if reminded me of my first times going out etc... (the new guy to the sport's sunny's and jumper were cool too, almost akin to the terminator) and the flat cap bit was funny too, (in a non horrible way, just nice light hearted entertainment).

The bit I did find odd was the shooting from the hip type thing at 4:46 but then I am also guilty of doing the same when I first started. Everyone is very keen to jump on the 'not safe' bandwagon, but the weight thing is a bit unacceptable - especially being that nearly all clothes on this forum sell at XL and upward too - a fair few of us are a bit guilty of a few extra's at Xmas.

His other videos are good on youtube, the chicken ones are good and the way he supports Hannah (?) after she shot her first rabbit is nice to see.

That was done to get the birds outta the trees,and present a shot to the other gun :good: BB

Edited by Bluebarrels

The bit I did find odd was the shooting from the hip type thing at 4:46 but then I am also guilty of doing the same when I first started.

I took that as a scare shot to lift the birds already in the trees near by.... again, nowt wrong with it.

All the hoohar is the problem with todays internet warriors, they're so keen to judge and critique that they verge on irrational.

I wonder if people would of found the video so wrong if both gents were well dressed in shooting gear, of a slim build and had the latest must have 4WD behind them.

couple of mates having an evening out a few jokes and probably a few beers afterwards, well done on them.

grass roots shooting.

I wonder if people would of found the video so wrong if both gents were well dressed in shooting gear, of a slim build and had the latest must have 4WD behind them.

couple of mates having an evening out a few jokes and probably a few beers afterwards, well done on them.

grass roots shooting.

totally agree. someone starts slagging someone else off and people jump on the band wagon. pathetic!

I took that as a scare shot to lift the birds already in the trees near by.... again, nowt wrong with it.

All the hoohar is the problem with todays internet warriors, they're so keen to judge and critique that they verge on irrational.

Fair enough - never seen that done before. Good idea though I guess.

:-)

Isn't he the grug?? I'm sure it is..

From memory yes. If I remember correctly he was a member on here but his advice and experience were more in the theory camp than the practical.

He has an awful lot of video that would receive RSPB approval. If you're going to post video of pigeon shooting, it needs a money shot every now and then!

From memory yes. If I remember correctly he was a member on here but his advice and experience were more in the theory camp than the practical.

He has an awful lot of video that would receive RSPB approval. If you're going to post video of pigeon shooting, it needs a money shot every now and then!

I actually saw him being laughed out of the British deer stalking tent at the midland game fair for talking utter rubbish..saying he was a pro-stalker, I looked up and it was him...